Klipsch Speaker Acronyms

The number is the size of the driver. For the mains, the first number is the diameter of the drivers and the second number is the quantity of drivers. For instance, the RF-83 has three 8" woofers. The RF-62 has two 6" woofers.

The "d" after the subwoofers refers to the digital control unit on the top. The RT series have the room auto correction thing and have passive radiators. I think the T stands for triangle. The RSW series have passive radiators and the RW series are ported. PR's tend to be better than ports, although more expensive to build.

I think I covered it all? You are referring to the reference series right?

The number is the size of the driver. For the
mains, the first number is the diameter of the drivers and the second
number is the quantity of drivers. For instance, the RF-83 has three 8"
woofers. The RF-62 has two 6" woofers.

What about speakers like the RF-35 or the RF-7? Those have dual eights and dual tens respectively...

This is my interpretation: RS- Reference Surround RB- Reference Bookshelf RF- Reference Floorstander RSW- Reference SubWoofer RC- Reference Center RW- Just a entry level Reference Subwoofer.

The # on the subs (10,12,15) are the size of the drivers (the RSW's have a passive radiator, or non-powered driver on the back, the RW's don't and have lower wattage amplifiers). As far as I can tell, the #"s on the rest of the speakers indicate the size although I'm sure how exactly, but as the number goes up, so does the size (and price) of the speaker.

I'm not very familiar with the Synergy line.

Hope this helps.

The number is the size of the driver. For the

mains, the first number is the diameter of the drivers and the second

number is the quantity of drivers. For instance, the RF-83 has three 8"

woofers. The RF-62 has two 6" woofers.

What about speakers like the RF-35 or the RF-7? Those have dual eights and dual tens respectively...

The RF83 is top of the Reference IV series. The RF-7 was the flagship of the Reference III series, so the nomenclature is a little different. The RF still means Reference Floorstanding speaker, though.

With the RF-7, the naming convention was used to that all "7" speakers were matched, and all "35" speakers were matched, etc.

So, the RF-7 matched up with RC-7 center and RS-7 surrounds. Even that has a few oddball entries. The Bookshelf mate to the RF-7 is the RB-75, not the RB-7. So it's not totally consistent.

The current nomenclature is based on size and number of bass drivers, such as RF-83.

The # on the subs (10,12,15) are the size of the drivers (the RSW's have a passive radiator, or non-powered driver on the back, the RW's don't and have lower wattage amplifiers).

The RSW passives are in the front. The powered driver is the rear facing one.

The number is the size of the driver. For the mains, the first number is the diameter of the drivers and the second number is the quantity of drivers. For instance, the RF-83 has three 8" woofers. The RF-62 has two 6" woofers.

The "d" after the subwoofers refers to the digital control unit on the top. The RT series have the room auto correction thing and have passive radiators. I think the T stands for triangle. The RSW series have passive radiators and the RW series are ported. PR's tend to be better than ports, although more expensive to build.

I think I covered it all? You are referring to the reference series right?

AH, so THAT's how it works! [;)]

jk

M

• 13 years later...