Center channel rattle/distortion

I've had my home theater complete for about four months now and am getting used to it. My custom vertical cornwall center is not quite right though. To be fair, I never updated the crossovers nor put anything in the cabinet to help with the cabinet resonance.

In War of the Worlds, when the tripods sound their crazy horn thing, it seems to distort a bit. There are also cases where the lower-end of the midrange (game characters talking in a low voice for example) seems far quieter than it should be. The latter could be my room of course. There is also at least once where I swear one of the horns must have rattled.

I'm going to put a bunch of this http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-530 in the cabinet like I should have done eventually, and I'll eventually get around to upgrading the crossovers. When I pull the back off to put the absorbing material in I'll make sure the horns are not loose for some crazy reason. Any other thoughts?

Daymon try screwing down your woofer tight... You know Klipsch uses 4 screws, but you have 8 holes in the woofer gasket if you really want too. So buy 4 more screws and tighten it all down. Also, look and feel for a gap of air on the back and screw the back all the way down too. Again, look for obvious choices... Do not over sound absorb all of the inside of the Cornwall. Ask Colterphoto1 on this, I think like 3 sides is fine.

You might be surprised how often it is the woofer not tight or the back no longer tight and sealed.

My 2 cents...

Roger