2 things about 4.1

Quale

Hello every one

I Got my Klipsch 4.1 not to long ago, about 4 months and it seems as time goes on things get worse. See certain speakers just stop producing sound, and they would alternate sometimes. Like right now one would go out and in the few min go back on and another would go out. Now I already sent this back once! And some times one speaker would be lower in volume then others. And to top it all off my sub gets hot now I don't know what a normal temp it should be but this is pretty hot for shuch a device.

Oh and my friend who has the same unit also has this problem!

This message has been edited by Quale on 12-13-2001 at 04:45 PM

Klipsch, this is too much. I've read this way too many times after you guys supposedly "fixed" the problem. I'm sorry but you probably have a bad amp and need another replacement. I just want to ask where you bought them? The hot amp is usually the sign of a bad one, and I'd not recommend blasting them, they are known to start fires when pushed with a bad amp.

• Moderators

Unfortunately, there are still a few units out there with the bad transistors...however, we have not been manufacuturing them for many months. We will certainly take care of anyone with an affected unit purchased from an authorized dealer.

There will be a post every so often (out of thousands sold) from someone with this problem. Again, please keep this in perspective.

Quale,

Please send me an email about this problem.

Thanks,

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

This would be very simple to solve if Klipsch wanted to. Disclose which PM speaker sets were manufactured during the supposed "bad first batches". This could easily be done by giving a range of serial numbers that encompass the effected units. Do a recall of that particular group of serial numbers of speakers that are KNOWN to be bad.

I think most people aren't really that gullible and realize the failure rate is far greater than the "one out of thousands sold" that Amy claims.

"There will be a post every so often (out of thousands sold) from someone with this problem. Again, please keep this in perspective." ...Every so often? One out of thousands sold? Do you people really believe this? BaaHaaHaa!

cwm13.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

NOTHING-Thanks for NOTHING UBid!(No reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

Eyes.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 12-14-2001 at 10:16 PM

I do not believe that i have ever found a serial number on any of my Klipsch ProMedia Speakers...

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

amy what is the starting serial number of the latest problem free batch of 5.1's?

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

NOTHING-Thanks for NOTHING UBid!(No reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes

I have just a quick question. I keep seeing is "SO and SO" an authorized dealer for the promedias..etc.. Is this person a authorized dealer..etc. My question is if they are not a authorized dealer for the speaker why and how are they getting them? That makes no sense to me as a consumer if people/the company won't fix your speaker because where they got them from was not an authorized dealer... Again HOW did the company get them?

-Nigel

------------------

~NSG~

quote:

Originally posted by BigBusa:

amy what is the starting serial number of the latest problem free batch of 5.1's?

"J"

the company will buy them from klipsch off the net and then resale them.

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

I just got my 4.1's for X-Mas. Opened it on X-Mas Eve. I ordered these directly from Klipsch website, they work fine, just a couple questions.

What would happen if I were to flip the sub upside down so the port is on top, would it hurt it? Or can I do this and "try" to make the sub "hit" harder?

Also, My sub does get a little warm after around 3 hours of playing RTCW, or Ghost Recon, maybe even some Sudden Strike forever, and 1 hour of playing music, most of my music, is hard, heavy, and fast. I would suggest to Klipsch to put in some sort of "cooling device" whether it be an Intake fan and an Exhaust fan, or venting, or an H20 set up?

Either way I am very pleased with the performance of this speaker set.

don't worry, getting a little warm to hot (when you touch it it will seem super hot, but in reality it will be a normal temp, like how a peice of metal in a cold room feels colder than the air around it but it really is the same temp, use that theory just bakcwards, hotter to the thouch than it really is just becaue of density.

i really don't kknow what you are doing.. put the air port pointing up? i would not do that at all. Never good to turn heavy electronics upside down, you could put pressure (you WOULD put pressure) on the power cord and that would cause a short over time, this also goes with teh cp-1 cord which is even more so easily broken. just don't do it haha Smile.gif not a good idea on all fronts, and i seriously doubt you would get any better sound Smile.gif

------------------

-justin