fisher 299 amp

hi all,

i'm looking at a fisher 299 amp online and wonder what the exact dimensions are for this so i know for sure it will fit in the slot of my entertainment center. thanks for the info! by the way, does anone have one of these amps that has been already restored and would like to find a home for it? thanks again!

Pete you probably mean the Scott 299. They usually sell in $300 to $350 range but as you've observed they really do deserve a good rebuild.

One of our own forum experts (Craig also known as NOSvalves) rebuilds these with a bias upgrade that makes tuning them up a snap. However, this work runs about $450 to $500.

There are four versions of the 299 known as 299(A), B, C and D. I know the A and I think the B versions use 7189 power tubes and and C & D;'s use 7591's.

I have a 299A that has been completely restored by Craig but I'm not sure I'd want to part with it and it would go for $700. Here in 2 Channel right now is a Scott 222 also totally rebuilt by Craig with a very reasonable price of $625. Wonderful sounding rascals with an excellent phono stage.

Size is 14 1/2" by 12" deep by 4 1/2" high.

oh good grief,

yes, sorry about that. i have a short list of relatively inexpensive tube-type amps written down and i accidently got the two mixed up. i did mean the scott. thankyou very much for the info. how do the two models compare (222 vs 299) as far as wpc, inputs/outputs, sound quality, etc? thanks again for any info on these!

I'm pretty sure the 222c is pretty much the same as the 299 a/b but without a tuner. In other words it's just an integrated amp.

Here's a link to a site for info on all the Scotts.

http://hhscott.com/integrated_amps_stereo.htm

These are integrated amps and have no pre outs but they do have a Tape Out. AUX, , Tape, Low and High for Phono.I mpedance can be adjusted from 16 to 8 to 4 ohms. There is a summed center channel so you could hook up a powered sub.

Sound is warm, accurate, detailed, excellent sound stage and great phono. Rebuilt it's probably the best bang for the buck in tube integrateds out there.

If you ever get up to DC contact me and I can hook up the Scott 299 to my Cornwalls and/or Heresy's/