Worth the upgrade?

DiscoD3

I'm slowly upgrading my Klipsch system. I now have RF5 fronts, RC3II center and still have SS1 surrounds from previous setup. Contemplating going with RS 3s or RS 35s for surrounds to compliment and timbre match the rest. Not a small investment and weighing the benefits vs cost issue. Just looking for opinions from my esteemed fellow Klipsch folk. Thanks in advance!

The RS 35's SHOULD be an upgrade from the SS1's. But the SS1's (in my opinion) are very efficient surrounds. The woofer is an inch larger in the RS 35, and they handle 100 more watts than the SS1's. I'm not totally sure you would notice an audible difference though. You'll just have to try them out. I say get them, and if you don't like them, take them back. The RS 3s would be a better match for your center, but I'm once again, I'm not sure they would be an upgrade from the SS1's. Sorry if this isn't much help to you.

I recently upgraded my RC-3II to RC-7, and my RB-5II which I used for surrounds, to RS-7. I must say RC-7 and RS-7 play beautifully with my RF-3II fronts. My opinion is that an upgrade to RS-3 is probably not worth it, the difference will not be dramatic.

If you really want to upgrade, save more money and slowly upgrade the center first to RC-7 and then the surrounds to RS-7, especially because you have RF-5.

I recently upgraded my RC-3II to RC-7, and my RB-5II which I used for surrounds, to RS-7. I must say RC-7 and RS-7 play beautifully with my RF-3II fronts. My opinion is that an upgrade to RS-3 is probably not worth it, the difference will not be dramatic.

If you really want to upgrade, save more money and slowly upgrade the center first to RC-7 and then the surrounds to RS-7, especially because you have RF-5.

that's probably the best way to go with your 5's.

Good advice there. If you listen to alot of multi-channel music you may not want to use any rs series back there.

When I first read your thread I thought the very same thing. Then I read further and it would seem that I am the 4th or 5th to agree.

The biggest speaker upgrade I have daone is going from the RC-3 to RC-7. That was more dramatic than going from RF-3's to RF-7 for my mains.

Looks like it is generally unanimous. I'm really liking the RC3II at this point so the RC7 must be dynamite. I have tested a RC7 (with the rest of the series in a 5.1 set-up) in the showroom and it is awesome to say the least. But man is it huge. Probably would cave in my RP big screen so would have to look for alternative placement of the center. Well I'm off to start saving friends. I am grateful for your honest opinions!!!

For donations to the RC7 Savings Fund contact the above. Paypal, credit cards, old war bonds, stamp collections and any other form of potential funding is accepted! And remember every little bit counts!

Cheers!!!

Looks like it is generally unanimous.

I'm really liking the RC3II at this point so the RC7 must be

dynamite. I have tested a RC7 (with the rest of the series in a

5.1 set-up) in the showroom and it is awesome to say the

least. But man is it huge. Probably would cave in my RP big

screen so would have to look for alternative placement of the center.

Your'e

definitely right about the size of this beast. I went out to buy the 35

surround package, but got a sweet deal on RF-35s, RS-7s, and an

RC-7...but geez...I barely fit that thing in the stand that I have now,

haha. I think you'll be pretty satisfied with the RC-7. HOpefully

everything works out for you.