HK AVR 645 Receiver or Emotiva LMC-1/LPA-1 Separates?

Vladi

I am returnig Emotiva, and getting a B&K AVR-307 that is for sale by boston_klipsch on the forum. Emotiva is too noisy and too slow in decoding. If it was for a secondary duty in a bedroom, it might be ok, but it does not cut it as a primary audio equipment.

Please, tell me I am not making a mistake with B&K AVR-307.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, I finally received LMC-1
replacement today, and I am sorry to say that it also has the same hiss
as the first one.

Thanks for the heads up.
That's unfortunate... must be even worse with the higher efficicency
Heritage. I had looked at this unit for a secondary system...
but sounds like the LMC-1 isn't suited to our Klipsch...

I spoke with Lonnie at Emotiva today before shipping back the units. Since he personally tested the second unit completely, Lonnie said that at this point there is nothing they can do about it, and that the obvious reason is LMC-1 puts out too much noise for Klipsch speakers. We also discussed the volume control implementation, and Lonnie told me volume control on LMC-1 is implemented on the output.

Worthy of noting (for people with Rx-7 series speakers) is that my RS-7s and RC-7 hissed more than my RF-3 II. RS-7 hissed the worst - they have 2 horns, and with their WDST design were great at filling up the room with hiss...

Again, this is my experience, and should not discourage people from trying out Emotiva (if they don't mind paying for shipping back, it cost me $118).

Vladi,sorry to hear your Emotiva experience didn't work out.I have the set on klf20's and have been really happy with it.I think the 20s are pretty revealing so I don't know what's goin on with the excessive hiss but at 10ft that is a no go for sure.My set does have a very slight hiss but only a little more than different pres I've had on my 7s.I also set 15ft from the speakers so even at the 2ft I can hear it's no issue.I spent about $100 shipping to audition the Outlaw set,and I've sent many other items back on my dime too,so I know the feeling of return shipping.I would have always wondered so I'm still glad I did.Good luck,hope you find something that works for ya.