LS-BB in Maine

colterphoto1

Here's a chance for you New Englanders!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180109017588&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

BB- they look 'industrial' with the handles and the included road cases, but seller claims that they were used only at home?!?!?

The open back on the horn section and gold logo plate give them away as standards, probably have K33's although his ad says 'all EV loaded'.

My guess is that they have been on the road (why else the handles and cases).

I'm not associated, but if someone up there wants to buy these, I would consider the road cases if you wanted to split up the deal.

Michael

colterphoto1

better put your name on the list with the seller....

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hi, I can use the cases, if someone wants to haggle you on the price, maybe they don't need the cases and we can do a three way deal, he gets the speakers, I get the cases, something to think about, I am within driving distance from you to pick up the cases. Posting this question might help you with the sale...if someone is looking for these pseakers and does not want the cases.

He initally fired a generic email at me about the drivers.

On a second email he said someone was picking at his ad about his listing accuracy.

I told him, if he has an intrested party that wants the speakers and not the cases, I'll be intrested in a 3way deal.

The "T" in the serial number indicates 1979, not 1974, and the stickers look like they're 1979 style as well. Since black La Scalas of that vintage are stained, not veneered, it looks like a piece of the outer ply or two got chipped off.

All LS of that era would have been of baltic birch. Some left raw - BR, some with spray lacquer or baltic black- BB. But it does look like minor chip from the layer of birch veneer.

Only special orders would have been given any other veneer or stain from the factory.

colterphoto1

I been checking around road gear places to find if anyone makes and sells the road cases and didn't find any.

Any ideas?

Since the speakers aren't made these days, I doubt if the cases are available off the shelf. Special order only.

What you gonna use them for? I really don't need em and you're closer.I bet my LSI splits are a couple inches taller anyway.

Well the auction ended with zero bids.  Starting bid was 950.

These are normal home version LaScala's that someone installed LaScala Industrial handles on.  The seller check and posted they have k-33's in them.

The photo's are pretty fuzzy, probally 16 color res, so it's hard to make out the cabinet condition and finish.

I did learn something from this particular listing.  According to the seller, electro-voice made the t-35's in this particular model, not Klipsch, he indicates  these electro-voice made t-35's have sold on ebay by themselves for as much as 900 dollars. Maybe these t-35's have the thin chrome slot horns and the pinkish red magnets with the crackle type finish that were used during the 50's in the electro-voice floor standing speaker line.

We could probally see some action on those cases if he were to list them seperately.

re-listed with a buy now of 1050.00 sounds cheap enough to me to buy the lot go pick up and sell just the lascallas keep the cases and make out all the way around..............wish i was closer..........id bet if you contracted to have those cases built it would cost at least 400 to 500 bones go get em fritz you know you want to[6]

joe

joessportster

I would have at the former buy it now,  but I did't think I could get 600 for those LaScala's in the NYC area.  

I have been checking for cases and found a few places that sell them, but have not zero'ed in on anything yet.

Arky

Shipping LaScala's is a night mare.  The labor and  cost to crate them is not worth it.   Probability that the cabs would be damaged or even magnets falling off as a result of UPS/Fedex on the road basketball is very high.