directv

srphelps

I'm sure some of you here have directv. Are any of you having any problems with all the sound coming out of one speaker? Like the left or right insted of the center . for example American Idol. one week it came out the left and this last week it came out the right. mine is hooked up fiber opp and it only does it on some chanels plus my TV does it also by it's self THANKS [*-)]

I never had that with my older system, but this January, I upgraded to HD, including the DTV DVR. It is a complete POS, with audio drops, video drops, missed shows, crashes.....etc.

I really miss my Tivo's....

That doesn't make me feel comfortable as I am about to do the same thing. This trusty ol' UltimateTV unit that I've had for seven years have been working perfectly (although I did put a bigger harddrive in it). But I do want to get High-Def TV through the satellite.

As to the original poster's question, no, I don't recall anything like that happening with my service. Does that happen on other channels beside the one that American Idol is on (Fox? if I recall - I don't watch American Idol, so I can't say specifically about that particular channel or programming). If it was happening on just that one channel, or even just during that specific programming segment, it could be a bad feed. If it is happening on any particular channel that you are watching, not just one, than your DirecTV box may be going bad.