RT-12D - WOW!

masirib5

I just got my RT-12D late yesterday and set it up last night. I really love it. I don't even know if it set up optimally but so far, it fits in with my system perfectly.

Mains:  Chorus II
Surrounds :  Cornwall
Center:   Academy
Sub:   RT-12D
Receiver:   Pioneer Elite VSX-80TXV
Plasma:   50" Samsung HP-S5053
DVD/CD:   Integra DPC-7.7

I'm now a very happy camper. This is so sweet (except for my budget)!

--Jeff

I just got my RT-12D late yesterday and set it up last night. I really love it. I don't even know if it set up optimally but so far, it fits in with my system perfectly.

Mains: Chorus II

Surrounds : Cornwall

Center: Academy

Sub: RT-12D

Receiver: Pioneer Elite VSX-80TXV

Plasma: 50" Samsung HP-S5053

DVD/CD: Integra DPC-7.7

I'm now a very happy camper. This is so sweet (except for my budget)!

--Jeff

Do you live anwhere near Houston? I have been wanting to listen to the new RT myself. I will bring my calibration DVD, sound meter, and the beer.

Congratulations.

Sorry Westcott, I live in Northern California in the Sierra Foothills. I wish you were closer for sure. That offer would be hard to turn down.

I'm having kind of a dificult time getting the settings correct. Perhaps it is that I had the volume on the sub too high or something but down at the bottom end, the RT-12D was rumbling hard and sounded like tin cans getting slammed around!

I turned the vol down on the sub but I know nothing about this stuff!  I also turned the LFE on the sub off and I'm just letting my receiver handle the x-over at 80hz. 

The issue showed up last night when I was watching the movie "Hulk" --when an experiment went bad and the guy got that huge dose of radiation. The frequency was very low and long in duration and it was loud. I thought the sub blew a gasket or something! Anyway I turned the sub volume down and that fixed it but it was and still is disturbing. 

Thanks anyway!!!

The issue showed up last night when I was watching the movie "Hulk" --when an experiment went bad and the guy got that huge dose of radiation. The frequency was very low and long in duration and it was loud. I thought the sub blew a gasket or something! Anyway I turned the sub volume down and that fixed it but it was and still is disturbing.

Thanks anyway!!!

Well, you are in luck. It is not hard to do and you can calibrate your displays with the same disk. I would order the Digital Video Essentials or its equivalent off the internet. I also use the Rives Audio product. Radio Shack carries the SPL meter. About a $50 investment but well worth it. Much cheaper than calling out an ISF calibrator with 90% of the effectiveness.

I think my sub is about 10 oclock or 1/3 of the way up for a VERY general reference.

i'm considering getting this sub. I wasnt able to listen to it at the dealer's setup, and I have a SVS PB2+, which is basically a box sub with 2, 12"s feed by a 900 wrms bash amp. The bass on that is prodigious, and works great for theater/trance, but its not very consumer decor friendly. just based on specs alone, the klipsch sub seems pretty comparable. anyone have any insight has to whether these subs are actually comparable or not?