Outlaw 990

Arky

Look like you have the whole Outlaw set up with Reference 7

how does these combo sound together ?

I'm in the market for a reci\eiver .... the one i very interested in is the B&K AVR-507

just want to know if this receiver would fair well enough in comparision with what you have

I heard that B&K is very good with Klipsch speakers

thanks again

Hard to find used Outlaw. B&K has a good rep. Your 7's love quality power. I would buy separates. Take advantage of their trial period & give them a test.

Ditto, and we're discussing this same thing on a parallel thread...

Arky is right-on...I almost went with the Outlaw pre/pro....a tough call...got Rotel locally because I could "touch it"...same thing. Point is, you really need a quality amp for the 7's....that means getting a pre/pro or using the A/V receiver as pre/pro...why bother...go separates.

Roger

are the B&K in the same level as the OUTLAW ?

I would say certainly based on what i've read the past 2 yrs but again I have no B&K experience. I would think Outlaw, B&K, Rotel & Emotiva are same ballpark just a little different flavor. Throw in used Sunfire as well. You're definately on the right path with separates.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently aquired an Outlaw 7700. After spending hours to locate the dreaded "ground loop" buzz, I am now fable to fully enjoy it.

The darn thing weighs almost 100 pounds! But boy does it ROCK THE HOUSE with my RF7s. I had been using my Denon 3803 for power (rated at 110 x 7). The Outlaw laughs at the Denons putrid power.

Great sounding CDs sound spectacular, and movies do sound better. I have not auditioned other amps, but I am very happy with the 7700.

• 4 weeks later...

While hooking things up (audio and video cables, etc...) I had left the darn thing turned on. When I called to inquire, I actually talked to someone (yes, a human!) who suggested by the sounds I was hearing, I fried an integral part inside the amp.

After getting a replacement shipped to me, I ordered a 990 preamp so I could hook the 2 together via balanced cables.

Everything is working swell now. No hum, just LOUD clean power going tot he speakers.

Outlaw Audio Customer Service is great...I have the 950 Pre Pro...7100 (7X100 all channels driven) and an LFM-1 Sub with my 5 Heresy Home Theater...really nice...HIGHLY recommend Outlaw Audio...mine is about 2 years old...the newer stuff out now and mentioned in this thread is even better...

Bill