Uploading Pictures

Alright, if someone wants to use this as a forum sticky or FYI on how to upload a pic for a post, here goes:

When you're responding to a post or when you're starting a new thread, you'll notice that there's 4 tabs above the area you're typing that are labeled Compose, Options, Related and Preview.

In order to post a picture that's on your hard drive, click on the Options button. You'll then see the words File Attachment with a little button below that that says Add/Update. Click on the Add/Update button. A window will open that says 'Select the file you want to upload using the form below.' There will also be a button labeled Browse. Click on the Browse button and a window will open allowing you to locate the picture on your hard drive that you'd like to post. Once you have located the picture, either double click on it or click on it once and click on the button that says 'Open' in the lower right of the window. Once that has been done, click on the button that says 'Save.' Then click on the button that says 'Post.'

You're done!

Thanks for this posting. I just tried your instructions twice, and I cannot get pictures to upload.

Here's what happens:
Click the "Options" button...okay.
In "File Attachment" window with "Add/update" button...click "Add/update" button...okay.
In "Select the file you want to upload" window, there's a button labeled "Choose File" I click that...okay.
Click the file to upload, click the "Open" button...okay.
Back in the "File attachment" window, the name of my file to upload appears just below the "Add/update" and "Remove" buttons...okay.
Click "Save" button...okay.
Click "Post" button...after a moment, my message or reply flashes momentarily at the bottom of my browser window, then nothing. The message or reply is never posted, the picture isn't there...nothing.

I wonder if this is a browser or platform problem. I'm using a Macintosh running OSX 10.3.9 and Safari browser. I believe I also tried this with my copy of Exploreerr for Mac, but it didn't work then either.

I have posted message to the Forum about this, but no one ever replaied and it never seems to be fixed, though others seem to have no problem. It's pretty frustrating.

George Roland

George,

They broke the ability to upload pictures using a Mac with Safari on the last "upgrade" of the forum software.  I still prefer to use Safari, but use Firefox when I need to upload a file.

Bob Crites

I've been meaning to ask this for a while, but since there's a current picture loading thread, I'll just add to it.

I haven't had a problem posting a picture. What baffles me is how to post more than one picture in one post, and to have verbage in between pictures. I know it can be done, I've seen it happen, but all of my attempts so far have failed.

What I usually do is upload/save one image, then browse again for a second image, but when I upload that one, it replaces the first one and I still have just one image. Would someone shed some light on that procedure?

Thanks.

If you look at the URL's of the images in the other posts where you've seen this done before, then I think all of your questions will be answered. Basically, inline images are being uploaded to other websites.

The forum allows you to upload files to the Klipsch website, but restricts it to one file per post.

• Moderators

If you look at the URL's of the images in the other posts where you've seen this done before, then I think all of your questions will be answered. Basically, inline images are being uploaded to other websites.

The forum allows you to upload files to the Klipsch website, but restricts it to one file per post.

So, how do you do it?

You can use an image hosting company like Imageshack, they host for free, upload is easy and they give you the URL for both thumbnails and also the full size direct image link. You then enter in the links between lines of text. This allows you to put multiple pics in one post.