Blueberry Xtreme in all aluminum chassis

Daddy Dee

I may be late to the party on this one, but was just browsing the JM website and noticed this Blueberry is now available in an all aluminum chassis. Mark, this looks very good. I bet you'll move alot of these and it looks very good sitting next to the pCAT.

post-11993-13819334051564_thumb.jpg

I think Mark should design a wood case ala the old Marantz or McIntosh units, so those that want a wood case, can buy the optional case and slide this piece in through the front. Then he could do away with the "classic" version and produce just one type of Blueberry. Just thinking out loud. I like the unit from the front, however I don't think it looks "finished", the way the face plate extends beyond the cabinet dimensions.

Maybe that's in the works already. I know Mark also mentioned and all silver faceplate was in the works, which could be sharp.

I like the quote that was attributed to Henry Ford, "they can have it in any color they want, as long as it's black."

KIS. I have a Merlin and I'm saving up for the BBX, aluminium or black, make no difference to me. I'm buying one because of it's performance.

Interesting comments.

So, isn't this the way almost all preamps are sold?

And, yes, I designed the new case to make it dead simple to have an "outer" wood case. I will have a few made and offer them as options. With the old BBX the case has to be there as part of the chassis. Now, I can make the case a true option. More choices.

Mark,

Most metal chassis'ed preamps I have seen, the metal top,sides and bottom mate up flush with the front panel in some form or fashion. Look at a Krell website or other hi-fi preamplifier or cd player for that matter. Now these preamps aren't meant to ever be put into a wood cabinet so their outer enclosures meet close to flush with their front panels. Your design looks more like a McIntosh preamp or old Marantz 7. Those preamps were meant to slide into a case or console. I also think a Marantz 7 or a McIntosh preamp look unfinished when not sitting in a cabinet even though some people display them that way.

Looking good though. I'll be anxious to see the new cabinets.