B&K AVR-307 in the house!

Vladi

I just received the B&K AVR-307 I purchased from Mike (boston_klipsch). I must say I am amazed. Let me say it again - it's AMAZING!!! This receiver is just sooooo sweet, it makes my RF-3II sing like never before, I just cannot believe what I was missing these past 6 years while I had the Sony STR-DA5ES. B&K blows out of the water the Sony, as well as the other two I tried: HK AVR-645 and Emotiva LMC-1/LPA-1.

I am very pleased with my purchase, and some will say this receiver is dated and does not have HDMI and the new HD formats, but I don't need all this until one of HD DVD or Blue Ray prevails and the standards settle.

I am not good in describing sound characteristics, all I can say is my music has never sounded so SWEET!

Glad that you happy with it ...

I just bought the B&K avr-507 for more money and the sound is identical (no improvement over the AVR-307 )

Anyway I'm sending it to the B&K factory to have it check up and install newer firmware ($150.00 plus shipping) [:'(]

Don't know if it is worth it......

I think i might have to go separates

IF anyone interested in this AVR-507 after i get it back from the factory ....

let me know .....

thanks again Vladi

hope you'll enjoy it as much as i did

I did not want to upgrade it to the AVR-507 SII

Too much money

the firmware and the shipping costs plus insured for the package was at $196.00

Anyway just want to let you guys know that i may put this on sale in a week or 2 after i get it back from B&K

Please let me know if anyone interested

As long as I know, the $498 is to upgrade AVR-307 to AVR-507. I am considering it, but I'll call them next week to find out what exactly is they are upgrading...

AVR-307 has a tone generator from 20Hz to 300Hz that is used to find room anomalies. I found there is an enormous peak at 84Hz in the magnitude of +17dB. I used the notch filter to equalize this. I am wondering what is causing this peak?

boston-you are right about the $150. I thought the firmware upgrades were free... There is a charge of $498 to upgrade the processor (which would include firmware updates).

-David

what all do they do for $500?

I'm not sure that the Reference 50 can be upgraded at this point. Note the difference between the processor upgrade and the firmware update. Updates are $150 (per boston_klipsch) and the upgrades are $500.

I have both a Reference 30 and a Reference 31 processor. (I will be selling the Ref 30 shortly). The Reference 31 is physically identical to the Ref. 30, but with an upgraded processor. The upgrade from 30 to the 31 (which is the same processor as the 50) includes the following: (this taken from an e-mail from B&K)

"The Ref 30 does not have flashable software. The unit would have to come

in for the software to be updated. The upgrade for the Ref 30 to the Ref

31 is to the processing of the Ref 50. This includes Dolby Pro Logic II,

DTS ES, DTS Neo:6, and THX Ultra II. The price is $498 not including

shipping. If you would like to set up a Return Authorization for the

unit to come in for the upgrade or updating, please contact your dealer

or call customer service at 1-800-543-5252."

Hope that all makes sense...

-David