Will these Forte II crossovers work with my Fortes?

I'm at work, where eBay is blocked -- so I can't see the auction. There are some differences between the Forte and Forte II networks, they are not the same. There is "audible benefit" to be had by replacing the old polyester capacitors in your networks with quality polypropylenes -- you can even have replacement networks built which replace/upgrade all of the parts. If you just want the caps replaced on your stock networks you can send me a PM for more information. If you want replacement networks, I believe Bob Crites is offering those now, and you can reach him at bobcrites@centurytel.net There was another forum member who built nice replacements, but he vanished on is (where are you Chris).

Just to let you know the x-overs on EBAY look like Chris Munson versions. He has made both Forte and Forte II versions. I have had correspondence with him in the last few weeks and he is still making x-overs. You should ask him if they will work. I think there would be an issue with the unit itself, being designed for the Forte II, and trying to use a Forte model. The drivers are different in the midrange, where we hear most of the musical content, and I really think that would alter the sound having a non spected x-over in place.

Contact Chris if you can and ask him. Better yet just buy some new ones from him or Bob Crites, you'll love the improvement that they make in the sound, and they should make your Fortes last another 20 year.

Vandyman

Hi Bernmart:

Sorry for my late reply, I was away on a fishing trip for the long weekend.

Those crossovers on EBAY were originally constructed by me. There are slight differences in the component values between the Forte I and II, so they would not work as a direct replacement, since the woofer inductor/cap and midrange/tweeter caps are different values for each speaker type.

If you would like to purchase these and trade them back to me for credit towards a fresh built Forte network pair, I would be happy to do that.

I was hoping someone would redirect with my email, Bob used to but for some reason has not done so in the recent past. If you want to talk to me I can be reached at popbumper1@sbcglobal.net. Thanks, hope I can assist you.

Chris Munson

Dallas, TX

If you would like to purchase these and trade them back to me for credit towards a fresh built Forte network pair, I would be happy to do that.

I just gotta say... how cool is that!!

Hat's off to ya Chris!

[Y]