C7 vs. C6 with KG4's

anarchist

I see a lot of threads touting the C7. I have the C6 as my center and KG4's as my fronts. This center sounds great but everyone refers to the C7. Why? The frequency response of the C7 is clearly inferior to the C6. Would like to know if folks who have listened to both think the C7 overcomes this deficiency.

Also, I plan on buying another set of fronts and would like recommendations on the pros and cons of the KLF10's vs. the KSP400's or RP5's. I could always upgrade to a C7 and the rears are S6's.

Sidenote: Speaker wire is a curious thing. I lost the one wire to the right S6. The rest of the wire is monstercable. Out of convenience, I picked up radio shacks best wire they claim is equivalent to monstercable. I now must boost the signal to that speaker by 10db or else you can't hear it over the other S6. So much for convenience.

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200

Powered by - YAM995

crash, I wouldn't pay much attention to the low end specs of the C-7 as compared to the C-6.Timbre match is the primary concern and if I had to GUESS I would think the C-7 would more closely match the KG4's than would the C-6.I have both of these centers(no KG4's) and both are very good speakers,just different.

Generally,as far as center speakers go,I would say the C-7 has no deficiencies(sonically).

Given a choice of the three different front speakers,I would take the KSP-400's myself.The fact that you already have the center and surrounds are icing on the cake.Will make a great HT set-up.You probably won't need your present sub.

Hope this helps.

Keith

Thanks Keith,

I may pick up a C7 just to hear it. My C6 is pretty close to the KG4's though. You can hear a difference as sounds pass across the front but it is fairly subtle and not distracting.

Regarding the KSP400's, does anyone know if they are still available from any dealers or outlet store. I browse Ebay daily and have yet to see a pair show up. Anyone know a source?

Oh yeah, Ebay has a set of RP5's available that show some damage to the speakers and cabinet. The price is low but the shipping costs are pretty high. I am thinking if I can get them for about #400 total, it may be worth it - throw them into another room or something. Bear in mind the woofers would likely need replacing and the cabinets refinished. What does everyone think?

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200