EAR - please post some info on the subs that you are building.

tigerwoodKhorns

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No local services canot be outsourced...manual labour for any manufactured good can. [:D] Going to school and getting a good education is one thing,finding a proper job with a proper pay after is another(when jobs leave your country because some(many) business people have to use orange garbage bags to hold the money,the green bags being too small...blind greed).

Outsourcing is eating your economy,anyone who ignores this is naive like a newborn or plain Stu... Pid.

The magnetic field is so powerful...my keyboard types by...itself! [:P] I was at Home Depot today...this morning. Purchased a Makita top O the line cordless drill ($400) and a few more 36" clamps. Tool madness ....all as an excuse to build the next cabinet ...better.

What have I learned...not that much.I have good experience building boxes the only thing is ...YOU MUST HAVE A MASK. Not to eat MDF dust.

I have purchased Makita's top of the line 18V Lithium battery powered drill and bolt driver,$400 and $390 per unit. Great power,control and very light,the new four pole motors in these gems are silent running,very powerful and almost like the hobby grade motor in power/size!Plus the LED illumination ofg the work spot is great.

Cordless tools have come a long way in 15 years,night and day. The drill can replace all but very heavy drilling where 7-8AMP drills have to be used.The bolt driver ...you can unbolt car wheels! Impressive torque. Now I was bitten by the power tool mania,again today I have purchased more...a large Makita belt sander ($190) and more router bits($120). I have a complete Makita/DeWalt/Freud/Milwaukee power tool set. I think I have reached $3000 on power tools...in past weeks.

From cheapo Black&Decker tools to quality upscale tools,nice change.I am now a tool maniac.

I am honestly surprised that there is still a working PC in your house, or anything that uses magnetic storage. Have you ever considered shielding some of these subs you build? I have no doubt that you could afford it...

The myth of the sub erasing a hard drive still lives I see. Even if you place a Gotham or dual LMS-5400 sub one meter from a PC there is little danger. Dangers and issues are overblown and stories of HD failures caused by magnets inflated.

I have FOUR PC's all duall core powerhouses with at the bate minimum 900GB of HD space my largest PC uses four 1TB hard drives,all A ok. And I have ....80lbs of magnetic structures close to one of them...where I type now...My helth could be affected more... [:o]

What have I learned...not that much.I have good experience building boxes the only thing is ...YOU MUST HAVE A MASK. Not to eat MDF dust.

I have purchased Makita's top of the line 18V Lithium battery powered drill and bolt driver,$400 and $390 per unit.

That I know about mdf, when I made that speaker cabinet prior to yours and bolt driver? wtf, hope you don't need that for the subwoofer?

uhhh 4 hitachi terabyte drives??? also computer cases mostly shield out em radiations

though you could damage the harddrive if placed near a unmounted subwoofer magnet.

I just one day wanna buy one of these neodymnium magnets for the hell of it
http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm

"Beware - you must think
ahead when moving these magnets.

If carrying one into another room, carefully plan the route you will be
taking. Computers & monitors will be affected in an entire room.
Loose metallic objects and other magnets may become airborne and fly
considerable distances - and at great speed - to attach themselves to
this magnet. If you get caught in between the two, you can get injured.

Two of these magnets close together can create an almost unbelievable
magnetic field that can be very dangerous. Of all the unique items we
offer for sale, we consider these items the most dangerous of all.
Our normal packing & shipping personnel refuse to package these
magnets - our engineers have to do it. This is no joke and we cannot
stress it strongly enough - that you must be extremely careful - and
know what you're doing with these magnets.

Take Note: Two Super magnets can very easily
get out of control and break fingers and even your arm if opposing poles
fly at each other. If working with multiple Supermagnets, always

SHIPPING

We can only ship these magnets by ground UPS - they cannot be
shipped via air as it will interfere with the aircraft's navigational equipment.
Supermagnet #3 and Supermagnet #4 come packed in small wooden crates as
shown. All Supermagnets are packed in large blocks/panels of Styrofoam
and in large boxes to minimize the external magnetic field."

[6]handle one magnet at a time, secure it, then proceed to the next magnet.

This is BS marketing to show how immmmmensly powerful their microscopic their magnets are. They cannot ship by plane or the whole plane will disapear! [:P] The magnets are so powerful they magnetise the LMS-5400 when placed 1 ft away!!!!

actually, they are pretty strong.... They are neodymnium and rated n45 which is one of the strongest of the grading. I was not talking about the small pieces of neodymnium, go down quite a bit to midpage where the magnets are 2X3X3 inches, not mm..... And a magnet that big will affect the plane's navigation.