EAR - please post some info on the subs that you are building.

tigerwoodKhorns

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Looks like it would hit the deck lid at full stroke."

Looks are deceiving. Checked, double checked, and triple checked. No it will not hit. The trunklid bracing is very thin there, and it IS close, but can never touch. It can however cause the trunklid to flex violently as if shook by a giant.

The walls are 1.5" thick plus there is a camber in the middle of the sub.The net volume per driver is 3.5 cu ft. Tested this beast and holly subwoofers...it beats the Fathom f113,it takes two f113's to give me what this unit gives ....and I am amp limited! [:o]

The cabinet is inert like a brick.During wall flexing passages where the cones could be seen traveling a few inches ...and room was pressurised like a car interior the cabinet did not even vibrate to the touch. I am happy with this sub and will be starting a dual TC-5200 18" and a dual LMS-5400 18" .Commercial subs have flimsy cabinets,save for the JL Audio subs.No air leaks to report.

Simply has no equal in commercial subs under 8K,a Gotham would be a better looking more compact alternative.

Ear, that thing is pure madness, and damn awesome, but there is one

thing I must point out...in every single one of your pictures, one part

of the pic is in focus, while another part is not, it bothers me.

Sorry, I understand we are not all photographers, but it has become a

pet peeve of mine I'm done! [:#][:S]

Volume ...ouput...no the limit is way up and in room I will best 120dB @ 16Hz! At the classic 31.5Hz ...crazy high.The sub is totally efortless...I have not used my other subs much since I finished this unit. I am pondering ordering dual TC-2000 15" woofers for a similar unit.

The TC-5200 and LMS-5400 18" not in stock.... [:@] I am starting to get tired of this constant lack of stock.TC Sounds should get better suppliers and dump those who are always late. By end 2007 I better have my dual 5200 and LMS-5400 moneters home. I am bass deprived and suffer greatly..almost bass starved! [:'(]

They source a few parts from the PRC,big mistake...delays delays and more delays.I am getting sick of it...it is always the same lame "Buy now or there will be no more in five seconds" attitude. Garbage

Pressure sales,I hate them as much as telemarketers and all the sewage that flows down the drain.

I with you on that Ear and I, for one, absolutely HATE companies who

outsource to china. SUCH IDIOTS[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@] It makes me very

angry, especially when my peers think it's a good idea to do that

because it's cheap...they just don't know....even Klipsch does it....