R2R suggestion needed

ttrhp

• Moderators

How much time have you got? To help narrow this down, are you primarily interested in the quality of playback (reproducer) or recording? Do you want to be able to play 10.5" tapes, or just 7"?

If you can narrow that down for me I can give you several good suggestions.

Travis

Travis,

I am planning to use a R2R for playback only.at the moment I dont have any intention to record.I did some more research today and look like the akai 747 and TEAC 2000R are the 2 best player..I dont want to spend that much on my first player,but if I like what I am hearing after the trial period,than I will buy 1 of the 2 above..thanks

tom

p.s any good place to buy original tapes in the houston/austin area?

Travis,

I am planning to use a R2R for playback only.at the moment I dont have any intention to record.I did some more research today and look like the akai 747 and TEAC 2000R are the 2 best player..I dont want to spend that much on my first player,but if I like what I am hearing after the trial period,than I will buy 1 of the 2 above..thanks

tom

p.s any good place to buy original tapes in the houston/austin area?

Tom,

I hope Travis has some time to give you some thoughts. He knows RtR's. He hooked me up with a nice Pioneer and a load of accessories. I think there are a lot of other machines that would satisy you if you're just looking for playback. I used to have and Pioneer RT707 and a Teac 3340. I don't think either of those machines sells for that much and they sound quite nice. I've kind of got the bug myself right now, particularly after playing and recording some stuff on the machine I got from Travis.