Choosing New Receiver

joeboo6113

Can't speak for Marantz, but I do own a Yamaha..........Check and see if that 140 watts is in the mid range.........Mine was suppose to be 130 watts per, but that was rated at 1,000 hz, mid range..........it's really 120 watts across the channels...............20 to 20,000

check these guys out....... www.vanns.com ..............I'd go with Yamaha, unless you don't mind spending more on Marantz

Wattage is not exactly like horsepower, so 10 watts one way or the other is likely to be unnoticeable. Sound quality, build quality and ease of use should carry more weight in a purchasing decision. I've used Yamaha CR-600 and CR-1020 receivers in the past and presently use an RX-V392 in the bedroom and an RX-V750 in the main system. The clarity of the Yamaha sound has always been pleasing to my ears and the RX-V2700 should be even better.

The Yamaha learning remote is a feature you can quickly be spoiled by. Having a remote that can control the receiver, the DVD/CD player, the VCR and, in my case, a JVC TV, is really handy.