Music

seti

Thebes has been starting a Members Weekly Music Recommendations thread in the DVD's, Music and Movies forum for many months now. I learn about new artist that I like every now and then which is very cool. However, participation is abit low considering how many members we have perhaps you don't know about it. Consider this being poked with a pointed stick. What are you guys doing sitting at home listening to sweep tones[:|]? If you have time pop in and make a recommendation. I'm not doing this just because oldbuckster is suggesting Alvin & The Chipmonks tunes[:|]..... So what music do you listen to on this nice Klipsch speakers? Members Weekly Music Recommendations A new thread each week. I need some new music to listen to this summer [8][8][Y]

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/25/ShowForum.aspx

decca.jpg

Thank you Seti for a commendable effort to draw attention a worthy effort supported by a number of active members of the forum. After all you've got to have something to put on after you bought all the gear.

Please excuse me but your execution lacks a certain flavor. Might I suggest a slightly different tack utilizing your own username:

The furnace hot atmosphere of the Arizona desert plunged quickly into chill as the stars began to merge, the dying sun's rays lending an almost ethereal orange glow to the ranks of a 3 story high antenna park. The headquarters of SETI, The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence, was hard by the farm ensconced in a low profile concrete bunker. Inside several technicians were hunched over their consoles. In the corner at a special panel sat the only female occupant of the on-duty team, 1st Class Divinier Cluless.

The males were a motley assortment of lab coat wearing aging brain dead hippies and young college geeks. Clu on the other hand was 40% feline, 85% rocker, 60% siren, 10% goth, and 60% Jersey Attitude. She was obviously more than the sum of her parts. She had a special feel for the cosmos, her mind like a bobbing cork of a boat blown along through the tides and eddies of the galaxies on a long twisted journey to its home port.

They were two hours into their shift when tech at console Number 3 exclaimed " I've isolated a signal coming in from Quadrant 33!"

The array was quickly realigned , vernier knobs twisted in small increments to isolate and expand the signal. "Pipe into the Speakers", someone exclaimed. Between burst of static these sounds emerged:

Shama Lamma Ding Dong

Some idiot cried "Eureka, Contact at Last" and the techs erupted into cheers.

Cluless thought a minute reached under her console, pulled out a standard-sized red brick and heaved it through Console Number 3. Amid the smoke and sparks, the startled expressions of her colleagues, a cross between a smirk and a smile on her face, Cluless calmly said,

" You boneheads, Quadrant 33 includes Echo Galaxy Number 17. You're listening to an AM radio broadcast from 1959 and the waves are being reflected back to us over all these many parsecs. If you'd spent anytime participating in the Members Weekly Music Recommendations you'd probably already own this song by Otis Redding."

Shamless bump

Perhaps they do really listen to sweep tones and stereophile test cds?

Maybe we should offer a car wash by the dallas cowboy cheerleaders or for the girls the chip&dale dancers for the most interesting music recommendation. Or perhaps we should start a power cord speakwire set amp debate to attract attention : ) ....... It doesn't have to be new or popular just something that you enjoy listening to.....
click here

21-Car%20wash.jpg