Is the SXT sonically better than original?

Gregg357

• 3 weeks later...

It's my understanding that there was a bit more time and effort spent tweaking the sound quality of the SXT vs the earlier HG. It's stunning really, how much high-quality sound (and bass!) comes out of the little SXT speakers.

Heads above the competition. If you want performance sound- go with Klipsch! (but then I'm a bit biased)

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know when Klipsch will make one of these units portable? That is run on batteries similar to the Apple, Polk systems ect... I was forced to buy the Polk portable miDock studio player because I wanted something I could bring to a BBQ / campfire and so on. If Klipsch had a similar product the choice would have been easy. Sorry this is kind of off topic from the post, just thought you guys would know.

Does anybody know when Klipsch will make one of these units portable? That is run on batteries similar to the Apple, Polk systems ect... I was forced to buy the Polk portable miDock studio player because I wanted something I could bring to a BBQ / campfire and so on. If Klipsch had a similar product the choice would have been easy. Sorry this is kind of off topic from the post, just thought you guys would know.

Yes, that would be a nice feature. I was forced to use my sonically challenged cheapo "Memorex" model this weekend since it can run on "D" batteries.

New RoomGroove is 14 volts. I have heard tales of people using them on boats etc.

• 1 year later...
icon-quote.gif
asshound:

New RoomGroove is 14 volts. I have heard tales of people using them on boats etc.

Sorry for resurrecting such an old post.... in babble mode...

Really, all the iGrooves could be portable with a little effort.

They all have wall wart power supplies supplying some DC voltage? One could probably find a 12 volt adaptor that would supply the corect voltage and polarity. Add a smallish 12 volt battery with cigarette adapter socket, say something like the Black and Decker Simple Start http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=16346, a bag of some kind or some way to carry it as one unit and you're in business.

Could do the same with the computer speakers though a Promedia 2.1 might be a bit big to be comfortably portable for most people but quite small compared to the LaScalas people have been known to drag out to the desert or load in their truck for tailgaiting.