Infinity Speakers

bluesboy

A friend of mine has a pair of Infinity RS-4s that he wants to include in a deal to purchase a pair of single driver speakers from me that I just built. My price for the Fostex single drivers is 750.00. He says he'll take 100.00 for his RS-4s. Here's the catch. The Infinitys need new foam surrounds. Since there are two woofers in each cabinet I would have to buy two surrond kits at about 50.00 total. Factoring in labor I figure I would have 200 bucks into them. What I'm trying to find out is if the RS-4s are even worth that much. I couldn't find any listed on ebay or Audiogon. By the way, just to make it clear, I wouldn't be keeping the Infiitys. I would definately be selling them so I guess I would have to factor in time spent packing, shipping and all that stuff too.

Okay Bluesboy.....I see you're struggling with a snappy comeback and since you have never read "The Art Of The Deal" heres what you do. Counter offer the Reedster's offer. Tell him you're not worthy of those Infinity speakers. Tell him you will let him have those sweet Fostex speakers for $675 plus a bottle of Dalmore single malt, a 12 pack of Modelo Especial and two dozen wings from Anthonys in the Mayfaire shopping center. Once the goods are delivered call me. While he is trying to do the math give him a pen to sign the check.

So instead of sitting there ringing your hands you can go to obamagirl.com and have a pleasant experience. God....do I always have to hold your hand?

I forget what an RS4 Infinity is, but if they have the EMIT tweeter they are often blown. I'm not sure if you can get replacements anymore. I've owned many Infinities and the EMIM midrange drivers are impossible to find.

Thanx,

Russ

Okay Bluesboy.....I see you're struggling with a snappy comeback and since you have never read "The Art Of The Deal" heres what you do. Counter offer the Reedster's offer. Tell him you're not worthy of those Infinity speakers. Tell him you will let him have those sweet Fostex speakers for $675 plus a bottle of Dalmore single malt, a 12 pack of Modelo Especial and two dozen wings from Anthonys in the Mayfaire shopping center. Once the goods are delivered call me. While he is trying to do the math give him a pen to sign the check.

So instead of sitting there ringing your hands you can go to obamagirl.com and have a pleasant experience. God....do I always have to hold your hand?

Tarheel, you're hired. I'll split 50/50 the scotch, beer and wings with you.

I forget what an RS4 Infinity is, but if they have the EMIT tweeter they are often blown. I'm not sure if you can get replacements anymore. I've owned many Infinities and the EMIM midrange drivers are impossible to find.

Thanx,

Russ

Russ,

All the drivers are fine. It's just the surrounds that need to be replaced. I was just trying to figure out what they would sell for in good condition.

Thanks, Don

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/infinity-systems/PRD_119666_1594crx.aspx

Bluesboy,

Above is a URL for this speaker on AudioReview. Some of the reviewers mentioned the price they spent on the speakers. Looks like they were selling for $200 (or less on closeout) back in the late 90's. I wouldn't think market would be much on them. Don't know what that might have sold for when they were hot.

If they are 20 years old, crossover caps could well be needing replacement as well.

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/infinity-systems/PRD_119666_1594crx.aspx

Bluesboy,

Above is a URL for this speaker on AudioReview. Some of the reviewers mentioned the price they spent on the speakers. Looks like they were selling for $200 (or less on closeout) back in the late 90's. I wouldn't think market would be much on them. Don't know what that might have sold for when they were hot.

If they are 20 years old, crossover caps could well be needing replacement as well.

Thanks Dee. That's what I thought too.