Jubilee Impressions at Indy Pilgrimage

ClaudeJ1

Well, it was my first time attending one of these. I brought along my friend Jack, whose truck we used to pick up my brand new Klipschorns..........30 years ago this year. He brought some really good test music from various artists (not just sound effects or heavy metal).

When I walked into the room at the Holiday Inn, the 510 Jubilees were playing at a robust level. I was amazed at how good the smallish looking horns sounded. I never felt it needed a tweeter.....but then they switched to the full magilla..........the 402 Jubilees.......ah, even better, smoother, without any apparent discontinuitites. Great party speakers to say the least. Good brainstrom, there Trey.

As to the following morning, I couldn't wait to hear all the other stuff. We all got a shotgun start on the tour and when I got to the Jim Hunter's room, I was amazed at the in-wall speakers. I was even more amazed at the 60th Anniversary Khorns. Great detail, punch, etc. which means MY room will be the next upgrade for sure. My memory from the Jubilees the night before had not yet faded and I must admit the K-horns sounded a bit better because of the room. But let's not forget it took 60 years to get the tweaked like that. The Jubs are just babies in comparison in a bad room.

BUT, that being said, I give credit to the excellent job done by Auralex with their acoustic treatment of the room. The room at the hotel and all the conversation didn't help the Jubillees. It would have been great to see the 402 Jubs vs. the 60th Khorns in the same room. This would have been the only thing I would have changed.

When I met Roy at the mixer, he and I spoke of fondly of the warmth of PWK., who treated him like a son. So methinks that Roy probably didn't want his Jubs directly compared to the 60th K's (I could be wrong).

There wasn't anything I heard that I didn't like since everyone there works hard to make "best in class" of any product. I always love being a kid in a candy store and learning so much from people who continue to grow and improve this great company.

Roy and Trey even tested my "big tweeter" in the anechoic chamber, even though it's an old non-Klipsch (EV) product.

Thanks to all who a part of this. I'm looking forward to next year, which promises to be bigger and better yet.

"When I walked into the room at the Holiday Inn, the 510 Jubilees were playing at a robust level. I was amazed at how good the smallish looking horns sounded. I never felt it needed a tweeter....."

great report...