la scalla's in new york 700.00 OBO

OB

"Another pair of La Scala's in Albany, N.Y...........craigslist...$1,300. A beautiful pair, have seen them, like NEW, stored in boxes for 10 years"

what can you tell us about these.....I have 2 pairs that I will be selling soon and want to get a feel for high and low pricing.

The la scalas listed on Audiogon used to be mine . I traded them to the guy in Marcellus towards my 1976 K Horns. I purchased that pair of lascalas for 900.00 and drove up to Toronto and picked them up. 900.00 was to much but being so close they were worth it to me. I owned them for a couple of months. They were unfinished raw birch when I owned them but the guy in Marcellus (Jason) darked them up a bit with old english. They look much better now. Jason contacted me to see if I wanted to buy them back. I still have the mint pair of raw birch lascalas that I picked up in Chicago. I paid 1200.00 for my Chicago Lascalas and drove 1200 mile round trip to get them. Jason has given me a couple days to think about it on the condition that if someone shows up with 700.00 cash in hand he will sell them. I have flirted with the idea of buying them for outdoor use. I don't want to risk scratching my Chicago la scalas by moving them around. If someone were to buy my chicago la scalas for 1200.00 I would buy the 700.00 lascalas back and not worry if I scratched them moving them in and out with a 2 wheel handtruck. To be absolutely honest, My KHorns are the only speaker I listen to these days.

"on the condition that if someone shows up with 700.00 cash in hand he will sell them"

thats the only way to sell things these days....although his listing asks for 1300... he will take 700(?).....had he said 700 firm...folks would offer 500 ...or are we talking different speakers here?