Where are the drivers made for the Heritage line?

seasterl

I was demo'ing a pair of RF83 last weekend (the series that has those pretty copper-colored cone drivers) and inquired as to where they were made (or who made them). Realizing that this "Reference Series" may be outsourced (or at least the drivers) to increase profit margins, we looked on the back of one of the drivers and it read "Made in China." Where are the drivers made that are used in the Heritage series? Part of the reason I'm buying a new pair of H3 is because of that "Made in America" pride and the rich history of Klipsch. Even though the boxes are assembled here in the USA, I have to admit that I'd be let down if I saw a "Made in China" label on the inside,.... on the parts that really count. I don't mean any disrepect to Chinese folk at all, but any "Made in China" label on a high-end stereo piece with American-made philosophy and heritage is nothing more than outsourcing to cheaper labor to turn the quick buck. I understand if Klipsch needs to make some profit margin on their lesser designs (Synergy, THX, and Reference, etc.), but the Heritage line should have nothing but the best inside-out.

Very admirable!! I give you a huge pat on the back for really trying to buy American....rough to do but well worth the effort.

Anyone need any toothpaste, pet food, toy trains, tires or seafood? I can get you a great deal (assuming you don't mind antifreeze in your toothpaste, melamine in your pet food, lead paint on your children's toys, tires missing bonding strips between layers, or good ole filth in your seafood).

Corporate China is organized crime. Don't buy their crap.

James

Anyone need any toothpaste, pet food or seafood? I can get you a great deal (assuming you don't mind antifreeze in your toothpaste, melamine in your pet food or wheat gluten, or good ole filth in your seafood).

James

Try any Veggie Booty lately? Heard it gives you Salmonila

No Capitalism is not based on Exploitation......its on a free market system......Most voicecoil & bobbins & speaker cones & baskets and magnets are sourced from the pacific rim. Have you checked where the parts came from on your Cadillac or truck?

Hudson ?????? Was my comment confusing? I was flipping through Voice Coil mag...And was surprized at how mutch parts come from China. Cones, Outer surrounds, Spider and bobbin VC parts..Hundreds of speaker basket castings....Its mind boggeling how much we do to design with ready made parts. I,m surprised that Klipsch & company has stayed away from most of that influence.

Anyone need any toothpaste, pet food or seafood? I can get you a great deal (assuming you don't mind antifreeze in your toothpaste, melamine in your pet food or wheat gluten, or good ole filth in your seafood).

James

Maybe we could SWAP them Cigarettes for their products............They'll both KILL YOU.....Even Swap............

"Maybe we could SWAP them Cigarettes for their products............They'll both KILL YOU.....Even Swap............"

I read China was the largest importer of cigarettes on the planet. But the number paled in comparison to their export of the 7.62x39 ammunition used in the SKS and AK47 assault rifles available to all "enemies of civilization" and decency towards humanity.

Walmart was just the big jump. Shop Chinese? Not if I can help it. I liked "old Sam".. Made in the USA

Want to end terrorism and communism? Just introduce the rogue powers that be to capitalism. "Money is mightier than the sword"

Communism is being defeated by the mighty buck. I see no reason terrorists can't be caught up in the monitary aspects of "civilization". It might work. I don't see a lot of progress through force and sacrifice of human life.

Harry

China has advantages in the market place... the obvious one is cheap wage labor. There are more subtle ones, too. In the US and most Western countries a manufacturer uses software for which they hold and pay licenses and support agreements. Each software product may cost hundreds of thousands of dollars per year to provide a few enginnering seats with these high tech tools. In China the acceptance of intellectual property, licensing, and related issues is almost none existant. Their cost basis is much less because of basic piracy. China of also soft on various compliance standards (hazardous materials, environmental safeguards, workplace safety, etc.) witch also saves a ton of money off the bottom line.

Part of the ongoing trade negotiations with China concern just these shortcuts that they must eventually forego in order to properly join the rest of the world. The recent incidents with the dog food, toothpaste, tires, and other things help raise the awareness and importance of getting China to a more mature standard of business. Right now, growing pains... It's good to hear that at least Klipsch has boots on the ground over there riding heard over the quality.