F-3 and Cambridge Azur 640 poor bass

Sgemk

Hi, I've just purchased the F-3 floorstanding speakers hooked up to a Cambridge Azur 640 A Amplifier. However the sound is not as good as I thought it was when I've listened to the sound at the retailer. There's hardly any bass in. It gets better when opening up the volume. With low volume the bass seem to be disappeared at all. Is there anything I can do 'Tune' the configuration?

PS. My wires are professional ones so that cannot be the problem. Even using the 'bass-control' on the amplifier doesn't make a real difference.

Hi, I've just purchased the F-3 floorstanding speakers hooked up to a Cambridge Azur 640 A Amplifier. However the sound is not as good as I thought it was when I've listened to the sound at the retailer. There's hardly any bass in. It gets better when opening up the volume. With low volume the bass seem to be disappeared at all. Is there anything I can do 'Tune'  the configuration?

PS. My wires are professional ones so that cannot be the problem. Even using the 'bass-control' on the amplifier doesn't make a real difference.

Maybe the main difference is the room. I had a terrible room with too much echo and solved it by putting a rug on the hardwoods and adding two big thick curtains one almost covering the back wall. If it sounds good in one place and not the other investigate the room. Can you try another room of a differnet size in your home just to see how the sound changes? There are people on the forum that know much more about this than I and hopefully they will chime in. I have the Azur 640 CDP and have been very happy with.

If the F3's are new they may need some break in time, 50 to a 100 hours or so. Make sure all woofers and tweeters are working. Start them out about 18" from the rear wall and about 7 feet apart and move them in and out and side to side from there and see if that helps.