Walnut Chorus I's in Phoenix on eBay

Mike Lindsey

They are exactly what I need, unfortunately I don't have the funds to do it right now (just purchased the Outlaw 750 and Velodyne sub). The Chorus would be the perfect match for my Cornwall II's in my HT, as they have the same tweeter and squawker. I've been thinking Heresys for this too - but at that $600 price for the Chorus, it would be like a set of Heresys with built in stands and more bass to boot! Oh well, maybe in a few months......

------------------

First we Rock, then we Roll!

I've been looking on and off (funds dependent) for a decent set of walnut Fortes (I's) for rear surrounds in the $400 - $600 price range. However, now I am mentally envisioning Chorus I's based upon the e-bay listing.

So, F's vs Ch's? I like the fact that the Fortes are spec'd at 32db. Don't know about the Chorus'. I also like the fact that the Chorus' are 15"ers, which would probably be more in-line with my K-Horn and Belle front setup. I've always thought that the passive radiator setup was a stellar design based upon reviews. Is the Chorus equipped with the passive as well?

Guess I'm just looking for a little nudging one way or the other. Got an itchy mouse finger........

------------------

Ed

Edward,

These are Chorus I's on eBay and do not have the passive radiator. They do have the 15" woofer but have a dual port on the front of the speaker in place of the rear passive radiator. They do not go as low as the II (about 7 hz less I believe) but are a wonderful sounding speaker. They have the same squawker and tweeter (K-57-K, K-79-K) that's in the Cornwall II. The Chorus II has a different squawker (K-61-K) but they both share the same woofer (K-48-E). I have a pair of each and love them both. If a pair can be had for $5-600, I don't think you would be disappointed...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems