1959-- corwall/hersay/shorthorn/khorn

khorn58

hi all,

The 4 1959 klipsh speakers I won on ebay arives this week.They all look total stock (I took the backs off to see the speakes,they all trested fine.

I already have a nioce pair of 59/58 khoens in my living room and a pair of late 60,s Hearsy in my computer/music room.

I thought I might use the corwall for a center with the Khorns and the Hearsy as center with the other Hearsy's I have.

not sure what to do with the Short horn.But it does have the same drivers and (removable) frount tv style panel as the corwall. Hmm Maybe I can use it woth the corwall in a thirsd sytem?

Does anyone out use a early corwall or hearsy in a sytem.

I did notice that the corwall has a rear port for corner use.

The speakers came with some real cool late 50,s to 60

paper that show some early Klipsch stereo setups.

They show adding a speaker(or two)to mono.

They recomend adding a hersy ,cornwall or shorthorns to a Khorn for stereo and using a herasy/corwall as center.

I was just wondering about modifaction .

Jim

Khorn58,

In your post you wrote : 'I did notice that the cornwall has a rear port for corner use.'

Did you mean to say Shorthorn? If not, I'm sure we would all love to see a picture of a rear port on a cornwall. These are very early units in stock condition. It may be something we have not seen.

Happy Holiday's

Stig

Yes they are the set that was on ebay from Prescott Arizona.Cost almost as much to buy as to ship.Paid 600.00 to ship to boston.they came in the biggest box I have ever seen about the size of a staion wagon.I had them delivered to a local store with a loading dock.

Yes the Corwall has a rear port for corner use and vertical mounted horns to the right side. The 15 is to the left side on the botom not centered.the corwall is in ecxcellnt condition.as are the rest.

After looking at all the papers that came with the

I will try putting some pics up after Christmass

Cool! Sounds like you got a nice piece of history. Hope you'll post some pictures of the insides of all of these.

Oldest Heresys I have are 1965. K-22 EV SP12B, K-55V, K-77, Type C. Same as my 1972 models, except they have CTS woofers.

So what model drivers and crossover do a 1959 Heresy have? Is it labelled as a Heresy, Model H700 or Model H?

As far as modifications go, without knowing the details, I would venture a guess that they will benefit at least from damping the metal horns and replacing the capacitors, like most other Heritage speakers.