Crossover

Hello

It looks like I'm going to step up to the ALK crossover, crossing over at 4500 Hz. I am courious as to what the 1975 Type AA crosses over at?. I can not seem to find the crossover frequency anywhere.

Bob Crites do me a favor and set aside a set of tweeters, as I am going to buy a set on E-bay soon.

Regards Jim

post-3695-13819339524702_thumb.jpg

"I am courious as to what the 1975 Type AA crosses over at?"

Easy to answer your specific question with facts.....do not be confused by responses you will get which are not based on fact.

Source document is the 1975 Klipsch loudspeaker system guide, page 11, which discusses the three seperate horns as well as the crossover.

Crossover points are 400hz and 6000hz

Not Lacquer

This is the poly acrylic water based clear, made by mixwax I applied several years ago. They still shine very well today.

I applied it with a stain, foam brush.

Speakerfritz thank you for the crossover info. I needed to know because i will have the components to build cornwalls, and needed to know what tweeters to use.

Regards Jim

post-3695-13819339676192_thumb.jpg

"Speakerfritz thank you for the crossover info. I needed to know because i will have the components to build cornwalls, and needed to know what tweeters to use."

I'm puzzled.

You asked for the xover points used in 1975 AA networks.

Cornwalls use B series networks (B-1, B-2, B-3, etc).

If you are saying you want to put the AA's in home built Cornwalls, it can be done, but some slight modifications are needed to the AA before it can be used in a Cornwall.

Crossover points change in a Cornwall as well.

Good luck with your new networks! I think the lower crossover point is excellent, and I want to point out that Bob also has a modification available for that with the older networks. 4000Hz sounds good to me, too. Moreover, I think Bob's tweeters are superb. Some find them a little on the 'bright' side, but I have not.

Erik