FS La Scala Birch Philly Craigslist for $500

Ludovico

Or how about that crazy 1970s orange JBL used for grill covers on L100s? Recently I remember seeing some Khorns on eBay that were painted baby blue. It made me want to puke. Come to think of it, I believe they were in the Chicago area if I remember correctly. Was it you who snagged those meagain?

Not me, but I can see if nicely done, painting LaScalas other than black would work for them. In the right room like ultra contemporary, or a fun playful type scenario. If done well. It just bothers me to see no one pimping these things out either with veneer or paint.

I could see that. I live in a Victorian with lots of wood work, so I am sort of limited with what I can do without creating a clash. The black ones are just so BLACK, so in your face. Then again, I guess La Scalas are in your face no matter what. They are an odd looking animal to begin with, so why not go wild with them! I'd like to see a set painted black and white to look like cowhide.

Those look life pro series LS1's. I have to agree and put my money on SpeakerFritz making the short drive from NYC to pick those up....He should have the room, he is a pair short after selling me his 04's. That would give him 2 sets of Pro Series...not to shabby HE could run a DJ service when he's not driving around the country fulfilling all of OUR Audiophile dreams.

Thanks for the Delivery Fritz...they sound Great.

KAK

"Thanks for the Delivery Fritz...they sound Great."

you are welcome....the tides were in your favor since I needed to go to indy anyway...Pro Versions do not come up often on the east coast.

The LaScala Professional versions will be used by our church during medium size gatherings for the teens.  We like to do things for the teens that keeps their minds where it should be while giving them a chance to know each other better.   I'll still own them, but will be lending them out.

They wanted me to build them something (metal trim some rough looking LaScala's)...but I been that route before...and over time....big speakers take a beating if used on the road....the Pro versions is the perfect solution for them.  

bottom's = the LSI's have a smaller woofer access panel that is inset within a frame that wraps around it whereas regular LaScala's have a cover that is not inset.

back = the LSI's have a cover over the xover area and there is a speaker terminal mounting plate with a fuse holder whereas the regular LaScalas have no cover and no speaker mounitng plate.

internals = LSI's have K-43's where as regular LaScala's have k-33's.  Some LSI's are earlier Pro version which have AA xovers, K-55-V's.  Later LSI's were called industrials instead of Pro versions and the industrials had K-55-M's and AL XOVERS.

"so fritz is it official you are buying these"

I hope not...I have no where to put them.

I just go done selling 1 pair of Khorns, 2 pairs of LaScala's, 2 pair of Hersey's,  and I still am short on space.

bottom's = the LSI's have a smaller woofer access panel that is inset within a frame that wraps around it whereas regular LaScala's have a cover that is not inset.

back = the LSI's have a cover over the xover area and there is a speaker terminal mounting plate with a fuse holder whereas the regular LaScalas have no cover and no speaker mounitng plate.

internals = LSI's have K-43's where as regular LaScala's have k-33's. Some LSI's are earlier Pro version which have AA xovers, K-55-V's. Later LSI's were called industrials instead of Pro versions and the industrials had K-55-M's and AL XOVERS.

Very good Mr. Fritz. You may come to the head of the class! [8-|]

"so fritz is it official you are buying these"

I hope not...I have no where to put them.

I just go done selling 1 pair of Khorns, 2 pairs of LaScala's, 2 pair of Hersey's, and I still am short on space.

uh yah, tell me about it mon! [*-)]

Fritz,

If you had room for all those other speakers, you should have room for these LOL....  :-)

Maybe your Church needs to 2 Pair.........

KAK

There's another factor at work here....I lost a room to the powers to be.