Vertical Decorator Cornwall Plans

DrFish96

HI,

I have decided to try to build some speakers on my own. I have waited for a pair of these to come up and they have but they have been to far away to get. I know that I can get the insides from either Ebay or Bob. I do have some tweeters for the project. I am using La Scala's right now as my fronts but want to go to a Cornwall for the fronts. I already have Cornwall II for the surrounds and chorus I for the rear surround.

I would really appreciate if somebody could email me some sort of palns for building these.

Thanks

Drfish

And the 3 port version. Someone will have to tell you just where the mid and tweet get mounted. These were drawn up by a forum member, with input from others here. Isn't this place great!

post-7149-13819339723902_thumb.jpg

The plans have generally the correct dimensions, and the motorboard is of course different for the vertical CW.

IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE- on a Decorator model, the top and bottom are cut less deep and the motorboard extends the ENTIRE height of the cabinet. Viewed from the front all you see is edge/motorboard/edge. You do not see the edges of the top or bottom. This give a more uniform appearance to the front grain yet adds the cabinet rigidity of having the motorboard encased by the sides.

So, same cabinet, but different cut list.

That is all.

IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE- on a Decorator model, the top and bottom are cut less deep and the motorboard extends the ENTIRE height of the cabinet. Viewed from the front all you see is edge/motorboard/edge. You do not see the edges of the top or bottom. This give a more uniform appearance to the front grain yet adds the cabinet rigidity of having the motorboard encased by the sides.

That just changed my plans for something I am working on Michael. Thanks for the info. Got a project I am working on. There will, of course, be pics I I get it finished up.

Bruce

"IMPORTANT DIFFERENCE- on a Decorator model, the top and bottom are cut less deep and the motorboard extends the ENTIRE height of the cabinet. Viewed from the front all you see is edge/motorboard/edge. You do not see the  edges of the top or bottom. This give a more uniform appearance to the front grain yet adds the cabinet rigidity of having the motorboard encased by the sides."

I guess in theory, that could make it stonger for missions in which it would lay on it's side and have large TV's placed on top of it.

Bruce:

You did not "slight" me at all, I took the liberty to jump in the pool [:D]. Sadly my motorboards are unsuitable for Dr. Fish's application since he is looking for, obviously, veneered units, and mine are MDO plywood.

If anyone else is looking for vertical motorboards, please say so, I have sold a few. They are precision CNC cut and are predrilled on the back side for the driver screws, so there is less work for the installer. Thanks for your interest.

Chris

• 3 years later...