Velodyne CHT-15 for RF-7 setup?

scatsob

I'm running 2 Velodyne CHT15's in my H/T. They are a great sounding sub with plenty of low deep bass, I'm very happy with their performance. Make sure everything is nailed or glued down because it will shake your house to pieces.

Let us know what you think of it after you listen to it for a while.

Skeg.

post-24257-13819339833572_thumb.jpg

I use a CHT-15 with a KLF-10, KLF-C7, KSP-6 set up and am quite happy with that combo. Plenty of output and depth from the sub. I have been looking for a second one to experiment with in the system. If it dosen't work for you, let me know, I would be interested in it.

Not sure I'd want my receiver sitting on top of one, though.... [:)]

My amp normally sits on the floor, this was when I was demoing the new HERESY III at home and I needed the extra space.

Make sure someone gives you a hand to lift the sub as it weighs just over 40kg and a arkward shape to pick up.

Well, I got the thing home (barely fit in the trunk of my Camry) and hooked it up to the RF-3 system I have now. I can see why people say that it is not the most musical sub out there. It is a little loose, especially when playing music, but is not boomy. Its still a little hard to tell because I am just in my little apartment and it is way too much sub for the 3's. In fact, I had to turn it way down when watching "300" because it was shaking the whole building. Im sure when we move into our new house with the 800 square foot great room and vaulted cealings, it will sound just right with the 7's.

I do not have an SPL meter but I think that would be overkill in my current situation. The apartment we live in right now in probably the most unacoustic place you can imagine. I dont even have enought room for proper placement of the sub so for testing it I have it just sitting in front of the entertainment center. I did adjust the gain on the sub itself and that calmed it down.