Free Klipschorn Top Panels...

RFP

When I remodeled my Klipschorns (twice!) I wound up with two left over top panels. I put some work into these things, so I really hate to throw them away if you want them, they are yours all I ask is that you pay to have the local pack & ship outfit pack them properly, and then pay the shipping charges (I have no idea what all that would be).

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Heres the deal: The tops were taken from 84 K-horns they are not MDF but are the lumber core material. I re-veneered them with white oak and then stained them a dark mahogany-ish kinda color using General Finishes Georgian Cherry gel stain.

The tops do not have veneer edge banding rather they have solid 1 white oak edges fastened with biscuits and Titebond II. They look great (if I do say so myself [:$] ).

Also, they are deeper than the original Klipschorns. They extend out from the corner to the same depth as the front panel of the Klipschorn bass bins. In other words, they are some ¾ (as I recall) deeper than the stock K-horn top panels. If you have been thinking about making your Klipschorns into more of the current design, these top panels would get you started nicely.

Below are some photos that may help you understand what Im wanting to give to a good home!

Cheers,

Rob

Panels as they sit ready for a new home

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here they are on my Klipschorns you can see how they are deeper than stock

Posted Image

Some shots of how I reworked the originals into these

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image