Who did it, are you happy with it, would you do it again, etc. ... the Lascala Bass bin addition

Wrinkles

Bruce,

I look forward to hearing about your results. Take some pictures, please! I hope all your "irons in the fire" cool soon.

I have no eq equipment available. Is a high pass circuit simple to make? I am using SET amps. Anyone built one out there that would pass along the circuit design?

Thanks,

Wrinkles

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alsmot 4 years to the day since the last post. And I still do not have an answer.

Is the circuit available? My second pair of LaScalas couls use this. Especially since it will be reversible.

I know using an active crossover could add the required boost and cutoff, but my EV dx38 is on the other system.

Where does this circuit that is spoken of get put in?

Between preamp and amp?

In a tape loop?

Between amp and LaScalas?

Thanks.

Between preamp and amp?

In a tape loop?

I think either of these would do. I have all of Dennis' posts on another PC, so it isn't readily available. Perhaps he will post the filter info again. I think he said something about the EV Interface A box... but I'm sure he will soundly smack my head if I'm wrong. [:|]

Since I just picked up a second pair of LS for $100, I am going to do the mods on them. That way I don't have to have my system down while I do the work.

And I can't believe so much time has passed. Son has finished school, my GF and I are married (the best part), and she is here with me in the States. The economy is in the tank and there's not much cash to try all these fun things...

Bruce

"I have no eq equipment available. Is a high pass circuit simple to make? I am using SET amps. Anyone built one out there that would pass along the circuit design?"

I think that 90% of the people here did not use the EQ circuit.

Figure 1

35hz, Q=2

Cf=0.15µF

Feedback Rf=7.5K, 1%

Ground Rf=121K, 1%

Use a good opamp, one per channel needed (if using duals).