Selling Reference Series Set

dubvmv

Hello all.... I am new to the forum. I was hoping to get some help from you guys... I have a set of Reference Speakers that I would like to sell, but am having a hard time coming up with a good price. I bought them in 2004 and paid full retail at "The Good Guys" in California. I really rather not even sell them, cause Im sure you all know... they ROCK! But, I'm in a bit of a financial bind so...... Here is the list:

1-RC7(Rear Center Channel), 1-RC35(Front Center Channel), 2-RF35's(Floor Standing), 2-RS35's(Rear Surround), 1-RSW12(Sub-Woofer)

All speakers are black, and in good condition. There might be a few minor scratches, but nothing major. I would appreciate any help or offers. Thanks

I'd do a search on ebay for the models you have under completed auctions to see what similar gear went for. Can also check other sources like craigslist or audiogon to see what others are asking.

This seems to be a common chicken/egg problem. Someone asks "what is this worth" and the response is "what are you asking?" Can we offer assistance before asking for prices/pics? [;)]

I'm by no mean an expert but I can tell you what I payed for my stuff

RSW12, used near mint condition was bought 4 months ago from a forum member for $500

RC 7 with Dean X-over ( $200 upgrade) bought used last month, also from a forum member for $500

RF 83 bought 5 months ago from audiogon $ 1475

All of them clean as good as new.

Hope this help

Hey guys, sorry...... Like I said, I'm new to the forum. I was only looking for some advice. I will post some pics of each speaker later tonight. All of them are in good condition, with maybe a few minor scratches. I dont have any of the original boxes at this point..( damn, I knew I was gonna need those!). If possible, I'd like to sell them as a set only because I need the money..... but if it comes to, I will piece them out. Thanks for the advice so far..... I appreciate it.

Hello all.... I finally got my digital camera back, so here go some pics of the RF-35's, and the RS-35's. I will have to post pics of the RC-35 and RC-7 later because they are still in storage. All speakers are in very good condition with the exception of 1 RF-35 which has a chip in the cabinet on the bottom front (both sides) due to it slipping to the ground too fast when my friend was putting it down. I'm asking as follows:

RF-35's- $500

RS-35's- $300

RC-35 - $250

RC-35 - $500

• 2 weeks later...