Forte IIs On and Off Ebay

BigBloato

I was interested in bidding on these but I either missed the call or they were pulled off early. Would these have been a good buy at that price? The rear view shows the negative side binding post but is it missing the same piece which shows on the plus side? I asked a couple questions but the seller never responded...hmmm. Perhaps these will be put up again, but if not, there will be more Forte II coming down the pike and that is the main reason I am asking about the $400. start price

Thanks, I messed this entire post up in more ways than one. Did see that the seller pulled the IIs off the auction. I was really hopeful at one point. I guess now all I am really looking for is price guidance and I have also seen some posts which are helpful in that way. Btw, I currently have the Heresies (first) and my intent would be to replace those with the Forte IIs. I have a tough HT and 2 channel situation but I think the Fortes could work. I had to beg off a pair of LaScalas and it broke my heart when I realized there was no way, outside of tearing down my house, that I could use them. So, dtel's wife, let me have your thoughts and all other members please. I am learning so much from all the posters. 'Tis great fun.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280141872275&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm37%26satitle%3D280141872275%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

BB,

I am Really Pissed that he ended this auction Early..............no explanation , no Iam sorry...............refuses to answer any emails! I was ready
to bid higher than normal on these puppies., and I WAS the High Bidder!........cause of the Beauty and closeness to me!...............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280141872275&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

post-4626-1381934340762_thumb.jpg

Yikes! Maybe its a good thing neither of us won the Forte IIs. I was also prepared to go in heavy. Yep, he p.offed me too. He would also not answer my emails. I am also local (Carmel) so it could have been an easy thing for him and us. I will ignore anything he puts on auction in the future. Who needs this kind of guy.

BB

Ebay is so Helpful!..............In Tiny Print it states ..............

The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

Even if it was broken, he could have just stated that and I would have still bid.............they are repairable still.............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ebay is so Helpful!..............In Tiny Print it states ..............

The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

Even if it was broken, he could have just stated that and I would have still bid.............they are repairable still.............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Common eBay 'reason' used when there is second thoughts or item is pulled without real reason.

Really guys, do you think you stand a chance with HarryO and me around here?

Seriously, I have my forte II's, I'll help ya find some.

Michael

• Moderators

BB,

Keep watching Ebay....I saw a couple of pair of Forte IIs listed as dtel was scrolling through today. $500 to $650 would be a fair price. Remember other members are sometimes willing to help you. They can "audition" the speakers and pick them up and hold em until another member "swings" your way or you "swing" their way.

From what I can understand the pair OB has are in excellent condition....if I remember he's selling them for a buddy of his?????

dtels wife,

Thank you for the wanting to help note! I will keep an eye out on ebay for sure. I appreciate your opinion of a reasonable price range. I thought I had a good deal going locally here in the Indy area. I don't know who OB is. Can you point the way to him for me please.

BB

dtels wife,

Thank you for the wanting to help note! I will keep an eye out on ebay for sure. I appreciate your opinion of a reasonable price range. I thought I had a good deal going locally here in the Indy area. I don't know who OB is. Can you point the way to him for me please.

BB

That would be me..................What's up ??????????

1990 Black Forte II's $525. for the pair...............a good 8 out of 10...............Upstate N.Y........still have them

Oldbuckster--i think you need to make a road trip to The City of Angels and deliver these to me. Get out of Upstate NY for a while and see God's country out west.

• Moderators

1990 Black Forte II's $525. for the pair...............a good 8 out of 10...............Upstate N.Y........still have them

Oldbuckster--i think you need to make a road trip to The City of Angels and deliver these to me. Get out of Upstate NY for a while and see God's country out west.

I couldn't agree more....go ahead OB....take him up on that offer....once in a lifetime chance! Heck....BigStewMan might even kick in a few bucks for gas!

OB huh, guess I should have been smart enuff to pick up on that. Not so sure I am completely following this, because I am old, probably older than you, but anyway I am looking for the Forte II and if I have this all straight you might be da man. Got bucks and desire to get those Forte s if the price is reasonable....not too cheap but not too high

BigBloato

OB, now its becoming clearer to this old hack. Can you post a couple pics to me. I am interested definitely.

BB

What would be the shipping cost in your opinion? For that matter from where in upstate NY. My (my wife's) preference is a wood color. But that is another battle. I hate myself for getting back into this stuff. I remember the terrific headaches I used to get back in the 50s & early 60s a/b speakers manuf. by AR & Wharfdale & Electrovoice powered by Bogen, Fisher, Mac,. Well, not really Mac. Too high $$$ for a young man in those days.

I don't have pictures, they aren't mine...........they are nice....Black,but nice.... atleast 8 out of 10......problem would be, he doesn't really want to ship them, that my friend could be a deal breaker, located in Upstate Eastern New York..........$525. for the pair........no issues with speakers...... Oh Yeah, I'm 59, are you older? Me, I'll never grow up, just grow old...............EH !!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

BB,

If OB says they are nice they are nice. $525 for the pair is a good deal.....BB, you might have to take a weekend road trip....I can assure you, you won't be disappointed in the Forte IIs. Anyone who has ever heard them will tell you they "rock". Other than Heresies they have the smallest footprint of all the Heritage line up.

If I remember correctly OB said these speakers are some pretty! I've never seen Forte II's in black, but I would think they are awesome looking!

Hey BB, Colterphoto and IndyKlipschFan drove all the way to South Florida to pick up speakers....you can do it!

Then you can tell us if OB is as old and honery as he claims to be![;)]

$525.00 is a steal for clean speakers!

Yeah, that is a problem at least for now. Maybe there is a forum member thinking about coming this direction. But I can't blame him for not wanting to ship them. I might feel the same way.......Oh Yeah, I've got you by 9 years. I am 68 going on 69 soon. Funny thing, I am supposed to be dead now according to my Cardiologist a couple years back...fooled him and all the heart care people. Bob G. can tell you I am still very much alive

Well, lets keep those black ones in mind and if a good soul who can be trusted is coming this way........maybe so.!

Big Bloato