klipsch RF- 5 OR RF- 35 which one is best

Paul

If I'm not mistaken, the RF-5 shares the same horn as the RF-7, where as the 35 has a smaller one.

Regarding the RF-5:

"Using the same Tractrix Horn as the RF-7, the RF-5 has outside the box imaging and smooth midrange tonal balance for an incredible soundstage. A dual flared port helps deliver deep, authoritative bass without noise and compression. Audiophile-grade crossover components ensure peak performance across the entire sound spectrum, while a unique venting system keeps the drivers motor and voice coil cool for superior reliability."

I've had RF-3 for 5 years, and I was very satisfied with them... until I upgraded to RF-5 a month ago. The difference, at first, did not seem big. But then I put them in A/B test, and it was obvious - RF-5 has much better imaging and tighter bass.

Ok but which one sounds better rf5 or rf35,Thats what i am getting at,Has any one heard the difference?

Yes, the Rf-5 is a far better speaker in the low end and imaging detail as stated earlier. I have listened to both and chose the RF-5. When shopping for a sub I initially chose the RSW-10 for size reasons but I found the RF-5s outplayed the RSW-10, something the RF-35s will not do. I ultimately have to move to the RSW-12 to provide the correct low fill for the RF-5s. The RSW-10 would work nicely with the RF-35s if that is any indication. The RF-5 is slightly bigger, heavier and has a larger horn and a different tweeter that provides 1dB greater sensitivity.