When does a hobby overtake you...

Klipschfoot

Not a compliment, but rather a weary and disappointed reality.

Not to beat a dead horse, but that is just the sort of sloppy writing that got us into this mess in the first place.  Now see here, if I just walk away, your last post simply referencesthe statement that I referred to as a compliment - "You are a rather blunt instrument."  

In other words, your response reads as stating that me calling you a blunt instrument isn't a compliment, but rather a weary and disappointed reality.  Not a good way for you to end. 

Now I think what you want to say is that the reality is that you are weary and disappointed from having to be a mere or simple blunt instrument in response to this particular job - this exchange with me.  Ah!  THAT is a good one, man, so stand up and say it!  

I sense that you like having the last word, so there you go.  You might as well make it a good one.  Have at it.  My way of saying sorry.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kev, you have it all wrong. You said it was beneath you to trade barbs, then preceded to do so. You thank me for the option to take it private, yet did not. Your interpretation of my last post is equally off the mark. I already got the apology about the name calling, no problem there. I feel I should apologize for the bell curve remark regarding your place on it, yet you have done little to reinforce why I should. Yes it is tiresome to drag this out in public in this way. It is disappointing to me that the reality is that it is being done. Unless you are into the barbs for fun, in which case as long as we both know that we are basically playing the dozens then I say why not, then I ask why do you persist?

"Now I think what you want to say is that the reality is that you are weary and disappointed from having to be a mere or simple blunt instrument in response to this particular job - this exchange with me. Ah! THAT is a good one, man, so stand up and say it!"

OK, obviously you got it, but refused to get it. Yes, this is what I was saying..That is exactly what I meant. Pedantic, aren't we? (yes I mean both of us)

In a way I think you are right both ways. You calling me a blunt instrument does reflect my weariness and disappointment, and that is how I meant it one way. My preceding post reflects that it was the proper tool for the job unfortunately. I also meant it as the second way which you complimented, so we have the problem of double entendre here, which poses a problem of the English language. I still stand by my parody of the original poster for making absolutely no sense most of the time.