A Question for Oldbuckster...

ibanezhater

Hi Oldbuckster,

How did you connect your subwoofer to your Scott amp? I am looking to get an integrated tube amp - most likely a Cayin - and they don't have a sub out.

I am looking to get a small sub to go along with Heresy IIIs.

What's a good sub to match with H3s?

Thanks,

Mike in NEPA

There is a center channel /mono extension speaker rca plug on the back of the 299-D, hook up a powered Sub and let it rip.........wasn't going to use my sub, but once I hooked it up, it stays......I'm using H2's, but shouldn't make any difference..........My own personal tastes has me using a 12" JBL sub......trust me on this, others laugh, think I'm crazy..........if you closed your eyes and listened to my set-up, you would never guess they are Heresy's ...... I'm truly happy with this set-up, and it's made me rethink a few things about where I want to go with this hobby........and the wife LOVES the Heresy's, she simply hated the La Scala's I had here for two weeks, hated them.........go figure...........[:D]..hope that helps !!!

Oldbuckster,

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the smallest sub by Outlaw Audio. Who knows? Maybe I will be satisfied with the H3s on their own for some music, but since I listen to a lot of metal, I think the sub will be needed.

I know I had been sold on tubes, but the new Onkyo A9555 integrated looks darn nice.

Mike in NEPA

Outlaw are good products.............Silversport has an Outlaw sub, ask him about them, he'll answer you. The sub won't hurt you, I use mine for 2 channel, and I use it for Home Theatre, same sub. 2 channel in left side plug, HT in right side plug, works fine. I can't imagine not using a sub with SS when using Heresy's, SS sounds awful thin without one, to my old ears, but to each their own. The Heresy III is a fine speaker, very under-rated, a good overall performer. I would look at Outlaw products to power them with over Onkyo, but it's your choice, Good Luck..

www.outlawaudio.com

Hi Oldbuckster,

How did you connect your subwoofer to your Scott amp? I am looking to get an integrated tube amp - most likely a Cayin - and they don't have a sub out.

I am looking to get a small sub to go along with Heresy IIIs.

What's a good sub to match with H3s?

Thanks,

Mike in NEPA

Hi Mike,

What Cayin Amp are you considering and what CDP are you using?

A couple of months ago when I picked up my new Heresy III I had the opportunity to listen to them connected to a Cayin A88T tube amp and a Cayin CDT-17A tube CD player. To my amazement these Heresy III sounded totally different to when I had them hooked up to my Denon 5803. It sounded like there were Subs in the room, I couldn't believe the depth and loudness of the bass, neither could the store manager. The sound was floor to ceiling and wider than the room with absolute detail and you couldn't detect where the speakers were placed. After hearing them connected to the Cayin Tube Amp you might decide you dont need a sub.

ATM I have them hooked up to a Onkyo SR701 and using a M & K V75 sub and they sound good but nothing like when they were connected to the Cayin tubes.

So it looks like its tubes for me in the near future. Is anybody on the forum using Cayin amps or CDP?

Regards Skeg.