Looking for recommendations on just 5 speakers

Erukian

So I have a sub (HSU STF-2) that I'm happy with, a Receiver (Onkyo TX-SR605) that I'm pleased with, and now I just need 5 speakers to do the job.

I have a new 50" Plasma that has hd-dvd/bluray/xbox and OTA HDTV running into it. Music listening is for my separate 2 channel setup (but yes i realize games/movies do play music so i want something that sounds good doing music as well)

Given a budget of 2-2.5k, working with a room that's 15x25 or so, what would you guys go with. I'm also open to the wall mounting speakers but I'm not sure what sort of compromises I'm making by leaving floor-standers and going to those...  Honest feedback please. :)

Thanks,

-Joe 

If you look at the Klipsch main page (by clicking on the Klipsch logo in the upper left of the screen) it will take you to an area that shows different options, one of them being "Recommended Systems." The RF-62 or RF-52 system looks like it might be something to consider. Plus, the prices shown are with the sub and since you already have a sub you can deduct the price of it and add it to the other speakers instead.

WOW!! There is someone on this forum that lives close to me. Joe, you are more than welcome to come by and listen to my HT. I live just off Mountain Hwy near FT. Lewis. Anyway, check out the RF82 system. Seems to be the best bang for your buck Ref system and it looks to be in your price range.

and now for the non-klipsch reccomendation:

personally, I am not a fan of the reference line.. I find them to be a bit harsh. I love my cornwalls, and klipschorns have been my dream since i was young. that being said, I use cornwalls for my 2-channel system, but my HT consists of triangle speakers. I have the comete for front left and right, noxa major for center, and stella for rears, all from the esprit line. They have a nice smooth sound to them, very detailed, dynamic and easy to drive. if you look on audiogon, you can get some great discounts, but a 5 peice system like mine new would run you around 2k..

http://triangle-fr.com/