?? Thorens TD124 & Routine Maintenance: What is required?

Gilbert

Not much unless you're hearing problems. Refer to pdf page 8 and 9 in the manual. When new, things were supposed to run some 5000 hours before needing much attention. Oil the main bearing, oil on the idler wheel, oil on the step pulley and oil on the spindle motor both top and bottom bearing. Check the belt, the rubber on the idler wheel. Check to make sure there is no oil, grease or dirt on any of the drive surfaces like the inside rim of the platter, the idler wheel, step pulley and motor pulley.

http://theanalogdept.com/images/spp6_pics/TT%20manuals/Thorens/TD124.pdf

I relube the spindle every 2 or 3 years. I changed the belt twice. I oiled the motor once. I've been running this table DAILY for 15 years with ZERO problems.

The TD124 is a piece of industrial machinery designed to run 24-7. As long as you USE it and keep it lubed it might well out last you!!!

Thanks guys. And I did give her a real work-out over the labor day weekend. 40 hours at least in 3 days..... sad new is, I had to adjust the bias on my VRD's.... hope that's not a sign my TungSol's are on their way out.

Thanks agai. I'lll oil down the idler wheel with a good coat, then clean it, and repeat as Scott suggested. [;)]