Cornwall's Xover question

ttrhp

Howdy Klipsch fans,

I just purchaes a pair of klipsch cornwall with an ALK Xover.I am not familiar with Xover but seem like every one upgrade their orginal xover to Bob's Xover. with the ALK..Do I need to upgrad to BoB's Xover.am i moving up? down? sideway?..please advice..thanks

tom

As far as price goes, the ALK crossover were worth about $500 when Al was making them. No you do not need to upgrade this, in fact it might just do the opposite. As always, the capacitors can be switched to change the sound as each cap has it's own signature.

Bob's XO is a rebuilt version of the original. The ALK is a different design that MANY feel is an improvement over the original, but I've never heard it, so I can't say.

I'd just stand pat for right now and enjoy them as they are (with the ALKs)!

A pricey set of networks if built right. They were either built by Al, myself, or one of the owners of the speakers. If you load up a digital pic I can tell you if Al or myself built them. I say stay put and enjoy the speakers. If you want to revert back to the stock networks, it only involves a modest investment.

Send Dean a pic of the network and he will tell you what you have. Listen to them for two or three weeks and then think about whether you want to fix anything or not. If they were built properly, you have really good networks. If you don't like them, you can sell them for a good dollar value all by themselves. You won't get what they are worth new from Dean or Al, but....