He has sold items for far less
than they were probably worth and
doesn't pay much attention to his
bidding and selling online.

However, the bottle that had him
poised to make a half-million dollar

profit brought a lot of interest, he
said.

"The thing that really bothered me was people were contacting the original seller and basically coming down on this guy, calling him an idiot," Woodul said, noting that the original eBay seller had the bottle in his possession for 50 years. "Buying and selling is such a fickle thing. Sometimes you just don't have the time to research what something is worth."

Woodul isn't expecting to cash a half-million check anytime soon. The bidder, known as "v00d004sc0re" on eBay, called him the night the auction ended.

No hard feelings, Woodul said.

"I talked to him the evening of
and he basically said he wasn't
going to follow through," he said.
"He came out up front and said it
was a joke bid."

So, what will Woodul, known as
"collectordan" on eBay, do with his
antique, now sitting safely in a
safety deposit box? He currently
has no plans to sell it or even re-list
on eBay, despite six-figure offers
for the bottle.

"With all this fiasco surrounding
this, I'd rather it just go to charity,"
he said. "It's taken too much time
already from our overseas business
ventures."

Woodul, chief executive officer of
Sebis International, has been
working with his company since his
college days at the University of
Tulsa. EBay has been and will
continue to be a hobby, he said --
$503,300 richer, or not.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=070828_1_A2_spanc46672

the first auction was sort of like having a pair of original Klipsch Jubilees, and listing them as Klispch. The second seller took time to research it as well to note that this was the oldest known sealed bottle in the world; the paragraph that pushed the bidding impulse to a frenzy was probably this,

You are bidding on what most would consider the rarest bottle of beer in the world! This bottles history is amazing! Thinktwo bottles were sent over for the celebration Peary and Shackletons North Pole expedition, in Boston, over 100 years ago, and those bottles were considered a RARE TREASURE at that time!!! Do your research this piece is nothing short of museum quality, also find it interesting that the world record price paid for a full corked bottle of wine was a Chateau Margaux 1789 that was part of Thomas Jeffersons personal collection, LONDON Christies 1989 $265,000.

notice the "winning" bidder also collects vinyl..

the first auction was sort of like having a pair of original Klipsch Jubilees, and listing them as Klispch. The second seller took time to research it as well to note that this was the oldest known sealed bottle in the world; the paragraph that pushed the bidding impulse to a frenzy was probably this,

You are bidding on what most would consider the rarest bottle of beer in the world! This bottles history is amazing! Thinktwo bottles were sent over for the celebration Peary and Shackletons North Pole expedition, in Boston, over 100 years ago, and those bottles were considered a RARE TREASURE at that time!!! Do your research this piece is nothing short of museum quality, also find it interesting that the world record price paid for a full corked bottle of wine was a Chateau Margaux 1789 that was part of Thomas Jeffersons personal collection, LONDON Christies 1989 $265,000.

notice the "winning" bidder also collects vinyl..

I see that. It's just that usully, the people who are out there looking to spend $100,000 plus on a bottle of beer are experienced collectors that would typically know the story behind such a bottle. Think what would happen if someone listed a pair of Jubilee's for 7 days and simply called them Klipsch. Certainly by auction end, someone here would have found the auction and spread the word. It's surprising to me to see one slip by like that.

For that kinda' money I could find a great BUZZ.........................EH !!!!!! .......... not my money, I still don't believe it !!!!!!!!!!!

OB - Let me make it clear that I would not consider paying more for beer than what I already pay for Chimay (which is considerable to me, but much cheaper than alot of great wine), BUT I think it is helpful to think of this not as "beer," but as a historical artifact.