Have two Sunfire subs which dance on hardwood floors.

jcr

not sure it would look totally great...but you always go to home depot or somewhere and have em cut you a piece of carpet with the pad already attached and then take it back to your place and cut it so its just big enough for the footprint. the pad thats attached usually is pretty stick, atleast the stuff i got was. I'm not sure how that would affect acoustics either...

Yeah, but how do they sound? hehehehehehehe Needs more cowbell!

The little small cubes do put out some pretty high SPL's, people abuse the crap out of em too, and blow the foam around the woofers.. (You see em on ebay and audiogon all the time.)

I might have one suggestion for you. Leave the bass output of your pre amp at the midpoint (meaning not + anything or - anything...) or adjust down rather than put it at the max. Sunfire uses a lower power signal to it's subs than almost everyone, so you do not need it cranked up at all! Then re adjust the subs volume level and see if this does not help?

Behave yourself now,Indy.[:$]

The Sunfire manual warns that the Signature will walk around the room when it's on a hard surface. The carpet trick works. Do yourself a favor and carpet the whole room. You will find that it sounds better that way. I hate carpet, but that and a thick pad does wonders for the room.

Indy, I just received my Signature back from Sunfire, it was in for repairs. I had it repaired once before about four years ago. The poor little thing doesn't like playing with Klipschorns and LaScalas. It's time for a change.

I would just get the lms 5400 just to say I am one up theear [:P]

One LMS5400 sells for over a grand now...plus amp...plus cabinet...plus build time and tools. An SVS Ultra13 is a total package for a mere $1599. No contest here.Plus most people skills in woodworking are...not too great...amateurish results(finish). Just quality finishing can cost from 500-$800 per cabinet(2x2x2 foot cube),in tigerwood...and over one grand in bird eye maple. I am building two cabinets and will have a pro cover them in bird eye maple($1800 for the finish on both)...[:D]

I like DIY but it is far from practical.

One LMS5400 sells for over a grand now...plus amp...plus cabinet...plus build time and tools. An SVS Ultra13 is a total package for a mere $1599. No contest here.Plus most people skills in woodworking are...not too great...amateurish results(finish). Just quality finishing can cost from 500-$800 per cabinet(2x2x2 foot cube),in tigerwood...and over one grand in bird eye maple. I am building two cabinets and will have a pro cover them in bird eye maple($1800 for the finish on both)...[:D]

the lms 5400 is now 2999 msrp

the lms 5400 is now 2999 msrp

$2999 ...for a driver made out of parts made in China....[|-)] [8-)] They are mad and ...I who like subs like few will NEVER give anyone almost 3 freaking grand for a driver unless it is 100 percent designed,tooled and made in the USA and beats its competition with ease(not the case as there is major contenders ....selling complete subs for less!!!)

Three grand...for one driver...not even made of american or european parts! LOL Somebody is looking to pocket GIGANTIC profits fast.

$3000 should buy me a Swiss made driver.