Rc-3

Razer

Hi,

I have an issue here that perhaps some of you can help me out with. I have notice this small hum coming from my center channel (RC-3) speaker on top of my TV. I checked all my other speakers and they don't seem to have the issue. I check my speaker cable and it is connected correctly the only other thing that could be causing it is that the speaker cable lays on the back of the TV a little. If that's the issue how do you guys stop the cable from laying on your TV's? I have tried rising the cable off the TV and holding it over the TV but it didn't seem to fix the issue and help would be most welcome. Thanks

Have you tried to switch the center with one of the fronts to see if the hum goes with the center or stays in the center?

If it stays in the center then its not the speaker and you need to look else where.

Try and keep the speaker wire from running parrallel with power cords. If only I could do so much with my own systemSmile.gif

------------------

Paul Ward

my home theater www.brookesbakersurveyors.com/klipschht.htm

• Like 1

Hi, I have the same problem with my center channel. I found the hum was comming from the stray RF from the

TV. To check move the speaker away from the top of the TV and listen if the hum stops. When I moved mine the hum stopped, so I wonder just how good the shielding inside the speaker really is and does Klipsch (I hope the people at Klipsch are reading this post) have a recomended fix?

Thanks

Gene

Shielding in speakers is done so that the speaker magnets don't influance the image of the TV, not the other way around. In klipsch speaker the magnets are only shielded. Interference from TV signals to the cross-over can still occure. You will hear this interference even when the speaker is disconnected!!

The only thing you can do is shielding the TV or the speaker with aluminum foil internally, if you can 't put the center at a different place.

Had the same problem untill the RPTV.

------------------

-------------------------

Receiver: Onkyo 676

DVD: Pioneer DV-525

Screen: Thomson 46" RetroProjection

Front: RF-3 tFTP

Rear: RF-3 tFTP

Center: RC-3 tFTP

If you suspect that the cable is not affording the best shielding, an inexpensive means would be to buy some of the foam like pipe installation tubes from Home Depot. You can insert it over your speaker wire and perhaps that will afford some additional shielding, it would certainly prevent your wire from laying directly on the TV.

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Neither foam insulation nor aluminum foil will provide any shielding. If the field from the TV is causing induced noise in the center speaker, only distance will help. Moving to an RPTV helped Usparc because of the increase in distance between the center speaker and the electronics in the TV (at the bottom of the cabinet usually) which were causing the noise. Field strength works by the inverse square law, so a little more distance can be all that's needed. Try setting the center speaker on a 2" tall stack of magazines or something. That small change may do the trick.

Now it's also possible that the amplifier is making the noise and that it has nothing to do with the speaker or the TV. Try connecting your L or R speaker to the center channel output on the amp. Leave the speaker in its normal location. Still have hum? Then it is not the TV nor the center speaker.