Tube CD player - WOW !!!

HudsonValleyNoah

Hi oldbuckster,

I am in the Binghamton area in a smaller town by the name of Endicott about 1.5 hour south of Syracuse. About Maybe it is better suited as Central NY but it has always been known as Upstate.

Saratoga Springs here...........out that way to go to Audio Classics in Vestal, but I think you know that, so let me say Hi !!!!!!! Do you sell Jolida, or just work on them? Got a price qoute today on one, and to be honest with you, more money than I can spend, but find them interesting, only good comments, except that one on e-spay.......

• 3 weeks later...

I had the ad on Ebay for the Jolida 601. While I agree the build quality was basically junk. I was amazed at the sound quality. In fairness, I am using Mullard 12AX7's. Here was the problem. Sometimes the CD would not spin up and be recognized. After numerous emails to Jolida for a schematic, I was ignored by Jolida until I mentioned their lack of response and sent a link to that ad. I had also contacted Bill at Response as well as some other Jolida Dealers. In fairness to Bill, he was very responsive but could not do anything. He was also the only dealer that did respond. If you like Jolida, Bill is your man.

Apparently Bill does respond because after I contacted him, I finally got a response from Jolida. It basically ignored any request for help and was more retaliation. I guess I can understand he felt slighted. But how should you feel when you walk away from a product and not even offer a schematic? As a consumer, I can't help buy feel that if you want to ignore your past problems - at least offer a schematic to the DIY people so they can work things out.

I prefer Vinyl so I am not real big on CD Players to begin with. I had a Phillips SACD just to have one for the few CD's we play. During an A-B the 601 blew away every SACD I threw at it. Not just a bit.... blew them away to the point my girlfriend was amazed. So a Tube CD player would be cool. At least from the point of using all tubes in the signal chain at some point. (Scott 272 Lab Amp, Heathkit SP-2, Altec 808's, JBL D-130's). I have modded amps, built amps and turntables for 25 years. I don't know anything about Digital and hope I don't have to learn much more.

To make a long story short, I did get it running properly. It took some observation and looking at the main board. It seemed to be a defective spindle motor but was actually a component build issue. So if anyone has junk JD-601A's they want to get rid of, let me know.

Based on my experience, I would not even look at one of their products. How much does it take to send a schematic? I would have paid for one without question. I question if Jolida cares about their Customers or if they care more about moving cheap Chinese parts. Maybe this rant will help Jolida realize some people can work on their own equipment and open up some Customer Service. I would not bet on it since so many people need to upgrade to a level 1 or 2 mod for the JD100. Ya gotta keep the Dealers pockets lined with bucks. I know that replacing a capacitor or resistor is beyond the scope of many people. But to others it is a hot iron and 2 solder joints. I don't like CD's enough to spend $1000.00. Maybe $2000.00 on a phono cart.....

Not in the favor of Jolida. They are jerks and I will continue to
educate people about Jolidas lack of customer care.

I guess I don't understand why sending a schematic is any skin off of
Mikeys nose if he abandoned the product and left people hanging. I
think the tube community takes reviews into consideration when they
send hard earned money on Chinese Junk.

I am sure the JD100 is a good unit, but then they have to upgrade it.
OK. I think your customers will wonder why they spent money on
something that is not up to par to begin with.

Good luck with that Chinese Junk that will get a bad reputation. I
will not let this go till I get a stinking schematic. Is that too much
to ask Bill?

I will also post this to the Klipsch group who are comtemplating
Jolida purchases and let the cards fall where they do.

I did mention you were responsive, but did nouthing. I also mentioned
Jolida ripped me a new butt. Good Luck.

Ken

Even tho I bet mine sounds better than stuff that has a name and no support. I would recommend spending money hand over fist rather than knowing what you are doing. If I was someone that posted a question that is pointed and stupid... I would spend a whole bunch of money on stuff I can't or won't repair. I would go with the Jolida if that answers your ridiculous question. If you did not read that I think Jolida is the best Chinese Junk I ever saw... I feel sorry for your lack of reading skills. (Oh, since you appear to be ignorant.... that is a flame). Take some night classes in English and get back to me.

Ken

so you're saying i should give jolida a try?

Lighten up Ken... Funky's just jerking your chain!

It's quite evident you are disappointed with Jolida, but that's no reason to take it out on our members here. Before you start dogging on Funky's gear, I think you should consider listening to it first. I'll bet his system sounds great... especially if you are into horns.

Mike