Stromberg Carlson Integrated Amp -ASR-433

Twenty Watt

I just recently found a nice Stromberg Carlson ASR-433 in a stereo console of an estate. It really sounds nice. Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this amp and what their thoughts were on it and if there was a Klipsch model that was especially well suited to it. It seems the parts quality and build quality is pretty good quality.

I have no experience with the Stromberg-Carlson either, but ANY Klipsch loudspeaker should benefit from tube amplification (as does my Heritage Cornwalls and my Reference Series RB-75s, and also my bro's KG 5.5s, KG 3.5s, and KG 3.2s...the KGs are sold). I have to ask...has the tube amp been serviced and/or restored? If not, it may not be safe to use it since caps and other electrical components could be out of spec or just a spark away from catching on fire! If the amp's still all original without any previous repair work, it really should be checked out by someone knowledgable, like Craig of NOSValves.com (FWIW). Good luck, and enjoy!

• 1 year later...

hi , just had a stromberg carlson stereo 60 integrated amplifier restored and updated . i can only tell you it is one sweet sounding amp! sophisticated beyond the norm for the time aka 1960ish. i havent had the extreme pleasure of playing it through a klipsch yet but hope to soon! but it plays my mordant shorts pretty fine. also working on a paco sa-40 wich is even sweeter musically then the stromberg but slightly less powered : re 25 watss rpm versus 35 on the stromberg. this is a great community and i hope to be able to enjoy others tube related feedbacks. best tom

I am sure others will say it as well but if you stay here long enough you will probably get around to some sort of klipsch speakers. My speakers use a LS type bass bin with Altec horns and drivers and Beyma tweeters. You are in good company here with or without Klipsch....we all like gear and music and talking with others about it.

Where is home?

correct me if i am wrong but i think the stromberg stereo 60 was the last model they built before going bust with home amps. the 7189 tubes are vertical and hence make for a lower amp design. but man oh man after letting them warm up for 20 miniutes or so wow! really warm sound. almost as good as my paco sa-40 which is and will ever be my fav vintage stereo amp! if you dont have a paco go out and find one . wow!

hi , home is ct usa . have a tiny indie music label . old foot stomping rock n roll stuff with a couple of "old time" well known artists. but thats not why i am here. i just want to learn more about klipsch as what i remember as a kid , i was thrown off about the "horn" sound and stayed around instead with what i thought was a flat natural sounding ar 3ax speaker setup.

i am here to understand the many differences in the various speakers . a kid at heart again....