Runnin' Down a Dream

Steve_L

So, anyone get the new Tom Petty gift set from BB yet?

I love Tom Petty so I a can not wait to see/hear this, but my dear wife bought it for me for our Anniversary so I don't get it till Thanksgiving. Also picked up Dylan at Newport while I was there. (piece of history)

Posted Image

I can't wait to see it! Hear it!

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are one great American band and they kept the American straight ahead Rock & Roll tradition going when everyone else either burnt out on coke or sold out to the man and started playing disco.

One of my favorite bands!

If it's as good as "High Grass Dogs"...............It's a winner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know that!!

I find these Rockumentary's to be excellent as they usually not only talk about the artist.. but also all the world events happening around the artist and tying it back to what was going on in the music world in general over the years.

Best example of that is the Bob Dylan rocumentary No Direction Home. That one just brings me back to my teenage years sitting in a little coffee shop in Fitchburg Massachusetts at 15 years old, listening to .."like a rolling stone.. to be on your own.." on the radio, cold -5'F February air outside, early morning coffee and cigarettes, getting ready to do my paper route.

...well, motorcycle season is almost over for another year. I only got about 15K on the bikes, but that's pretty respectable for a Northeast rider. I bought the HD this year an dnow park that beside the Honda. I hope you have behaving yourself over here. Doesn't look like it's been too busy.

Now that we got all that Red Sox World Series watching and winning out of the way maybe we can just do the New England Patriots watching/winning and get back to listening to some good CDs and DVDs on the home theater.

oldbuckster:

I think I liked High Grass Dogs a little better. Still though, this DVD is a good one. I liked the documentary of Tom and the band over the years too...very well put together. Very interesting................

GET IT!..[:D][Y]

Take care,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

One great music DVD! The thing is "First Class" in every way!

You got that right!! Tom Petty is first class Rock and Roll and first class quality "get your money's worth" all the way!!

What a fantastic package this is! 30 years worth of the Heartbreaker's history!! A 2 DVD set for the story! A DVD for his 30th year Anniversary concerrt in Gainseville and then a Bonus CD! All pure frist class Tom Petty Rock & Roll!!

Yeeeee Haw!!!!!!!!!!! CRANK IT UP!!!