Opinions needed rear channel

Brac

OK gang, as many have heard I bought a pair of KHORNs from Charles, then I was able to get a pair of heresy's one is now my center channel.

I am using KSP-S6 as surrounds. My question is before I sell the other heresy, should I consider going to 6.1? My concern is I would have to mount it low and very close to the listening position, less than 3'. So i'm guesing is a no go just wanted a bit of input..

My opinion would be as nice as the KSP-S6's are they are not competent enough as stand alone rears supporting Klipschorn mains and a Heresy center, they need to be used in the 7.1 configuration as the rear effects/centers, and you need some viable rear speakers like another pair of Heresy's. The Heresy's could be placed on stands or tables in the rear if need be and don't necessarily need to be 6ft in the air. Especially if you listen to music at all in multi-channel mode.

My rear effects/center Heresy's sit inverted on top of the Cornwalls in the rear and perform stellar!

The KSP-S6's are designed to integrate with the Synergy "Premiere" system that Klipsch developed about 6-8 years ago but they should still draw good money if you sold them. Even though they don't match from a timbre standpoint since they are a bipole/dipole type speaker I think they would excel as rear effects/centers in a 7.1 array with some competent speakers in the rear. Forte's or Chorus althought bigger would also work in the rear.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.