Image are in the house...well, in the ears

TheEvan

I received mine today. I tested them immediately on my home cd player with some classical, marching band and celtic music. I had no trouble finding a good fit and a decent seal, though one canal was a bit fussy. The angle of the stiff strain relief section is perfect for guiding the monitors deeper into the canal. I find the sound smooth, even and detailed. Very, very natural.

My traveling partner to Africa is going to be sooooo jealous.

• 1 month later...

I received mine today. I tested them immediately on my home cd player with some classical, marching band and celtic music. I had no trouble finding a good fit and a decent seal, though one canal was a bit fussy. The angle of the stiff strain relief section is perfect for guiding the monitors deeper into the canal. I find the sound smooth, even and detailed. Very, very natural.

My traveling partner to Africa is going to be sooooo jealous.

Hey Ev...How was your trip?

Just curious if you have anymore feedback for IMAGE.

Thumpster,

Though I haven't yet done much critical listening in a quiet environment, I did a great deal of travel listening.

It is comfortable, especially after some experimentation with placement. One of my canals seems to like a slightly shallower placement than the other to make a complete seal. Once I found this sweet spot, 10.5 hours straight was completely unobtrusive.

The one thing I've listened to in silent settings is field recordings I made in Tanzania of Maasai singing and chanting. The reproduction is so realistic that I find myself swatting at the flies in the recording! I get an uncanny sense of precisely where the buggers are flying.

The balance is utterly natural and how the sense of bass is achieved is beyond me...it sounds low, warm and authoritative.

• 5 weeks later...

I've continued to experiemtn with the tips. I'm finding that whatever gives the best seal is, in the long run, most comfortable. If the seal is marginal, I want to keep jamming them in deeper. The best long-term comfort seems to be fewer insertions & leaving them in one spot. Anyway, the double flanges give a reliable seal and are working out to be the most comfortable. I find I can listen to intimate & quiet classical guitar music at low volume when riding in a noisy truck at highway speeds. That's pretty good isolation!

I had them in for four comfortable hours yesterday.

You know so far - I've just stuck with the tips that were on them (medium size single flange). They seal perfectly every time I stick them in (or so it seems to me - maybe just because it's so perfect in comparison to all the other IE's I've used before).

The other really cool part about "the seal" is that it takes a direct pull/yank on the cord to loose seal. I can move around all over the place and the seal won't break at all - which is the opposite of every other IE I've treid.

Sound Isolation: With no music on at all I can turn the shower on and maybe hear 20% of the water noise if I'm standing in the open door. Or, I can turn my vent-a-hode on high and standing right next to it maybe only hear 20% of the noise it's making. 20% may be off a bit, it's nothing I've really thought about yet. My own voice is really loud even when music is playing loud though - a lot more than I've ever heard before. I *think* that's because the sound isolation (seal) is so much better than anything else I've experienced though. :P

I'm one very happy camper. :)